Sign in to follow this  
merrill

Industrial Camera System for inside CNC Machining center

Trying to put together a high end system to monitor toolcutting on parts via outside the machine at the operators panel. Was looking at the Sentech STC-HD203DV camera and need a motorized zoom lens that can be controlled near the monitor that will be about 30 feet away. Will be purchasing some type of tube enclosure to keep coolant and debris out. Issue is trying to find the correct camera lens combo that will work together. We have a Computar H10Z0812AMSP-2 but do not believe this will work for us.

Trying to put together a high end system to monitor toolcutting on parts via outside the machine at the operators panel. Was looking at the Sentech STC-HD203DV camera and need a motorized zoom lens that can be controlled near the monitor that will be about 30 feet away. Will be purchasing some type of tube enclosure to keep coolant and debris out. Issue is trying to find the correct camera lens combo that will work together. We have a Computar H10Z0812AMSP-2 but do not believe this will work for us.

Check Avigilon Box cameras

Avail with 20 Optical motorized zoom

just idea for you

I didn't do cameras myself but provided the networking, but a prior company had CNC systems for wood racks (we built all the racks for Borders for example), and building-sized paper shredders and balers. I suspect it is going to be less about keeping out debris (e.g. plexi shields) as keeping dust and debris away. Any surface nearby gets covered VERY fast with dust which is going to be a challenge to shoot through.

I never thought to look at how the factory guys solved that problem (if they even had cameras there), I just fought with keeping the network gear from getting buried in dust; I don't have any proven solutions to offer but just thought I would add to your problems.

Air jets across the surface of the shield (you probably have huge air compressors already for conveyors)?

We did an install at a polishing plant and the air was full of very fine metal dust and such. They installed air lines by every camera and either kept a constant stream of air on the surface (these were domes) or had a setup where they could give the camera a blast of air when needed I really do not know which method they ended up using.

I have attached a photo of the camera circuit diagram and the cbz 24 lens controller wiring diagram. Can anyone tell me which wires go to each other off of this?

Thanks.

camera.JPG.0a3db56bd1062733aab4ee5770370f7d.JPG