Sign in to follow this  
djrams80

Newbie Looking for a Home Camera System

Hello,

I'd like to purchase a new camera system, but I don't know anything about them.

This is what I'm thinking:

1. Four cameras, two inside and two outside.

2. DVR

3. Ability to access remotely, like on a computer at work.

4. Relatively small cameras, that the wife won't think are eyesores.

Thanks in advance for the help/recommendations.

DJ

Please ignore anyone who suggests analog cameras in 2015. The image will be very low resolution and awful.

What is your budget?

Please ignore anyone who suggests analog cameras in 2015. The image will be very low resolution and awful.

What is your budget?

I'd like to keep it under $1000, if possible.

What is your budget?

Do you live in the US?

For indoors consider the hikvision Hikvision 2CD2420F-IW 2MP camera with a 2.8mm wide lens...google the model number (this forum will not allow positing of vendor links). Cost 129 from US sellers and the firmware is upgradable (unlike most of the cameras on ali express)...

For outdoors consider a hikvision turret camera...there are some new 4mp coming soon (currently only available from aliexpress)...then select a hikvision NVR that meets your needs.

What is your budget?

Do you live in the US?

For indoors consider the hikvision Hikvision 2CD2420F-IW 2MP camera with a 2.8mm wide lens...google the model number (this forum will not allow positing of vendor links). Cost 129 from US sellers and the firmware is upgradable (unlike most of the cameras on ali express)...

For outdoors consider a hikvision turret camera...there are some new 4mp coming soon (currently only available from aliexpress)...then select a hikvision NVR that meets your needs.

Thanks. Will this system be accessible via the internet, ie a web browser from work?

Yes, I live in the US.

What does the 2.8mm measure? Is higher, better? Should the outdoor camera be 2.8mm as well?

Sorry for the newbie questions.

I love Amcrest 4 Channel 960H Video Security System AMDV 960H4-4B features a 500 GB hard drive and four 800TVL bullet cameras. This is bet for the home security.