Quantum

Hik Mobile Requires Hik Server - It's A Problem

I run Linux exclusively (for 22 years), and so HikVision 4200 is of no use to me. Nor is Milestone, BlueIris, etc.

Apparently each of the respective mobile apps for the above insists on connecting to its momma server, so they're out too.

I'd like to monitor my cameras on my phone, so am looking for an Android app that can access my home IP and get the various cameras by port#.

Is there any such animal?

I run Linux exclusively (for 22 years), and so HikVision 4200 is of no use to me. Nor is Milestone, BlueIris, etc.

Apparently each of the respective mobile apps for the above insists on connecting to its momma server, so they're out too.

I'd like to monitor my cameras on my phone, so am looking for an Android app that can access my home IP and get the various cameras by port#.

Of course milestone and blueiris mobile apps insist on connecting to their server..thats the whole point of the app. There are lots of other apps that connect to cameras directly.

Hikvisions mobile app 4500 does not need any server running and will connect direct to the cameras.

ipcamviewer and tinycam also work, but you cannot review video.

Hikvisions mobile app 4500 does not need any server running and will connect direct to the cameras.

Oh? It asked for a server so I presumed that meant its 4200. I'll proceed further with the install, thanks.

Hi this will work for you

http://www.hikvision.com/europe/download_more.asp?id=1327

Thanks Tom, but that's for 32bit. I have more than 4GB of RAM, and it won't run:

sh: ./iVMS-4200: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory

And it doesn't give any idea what its dependencies might be.

Can't get the mobile app to connect to the cameras. In the mobile app I've set the IP, UN:PW and port but it can't connect. I've tried both ports 554 and 8000. I'm port-forwarding these ports in the router, and the cameras are connected directly to the router.

In my local systems I use exclusively rtsp: with VLC, but of course I can't rewind or get any services, only Live View. The port 80 service only works with Internet Exploser in Winduhs; nothing I've done has made it with in Firefox.

Thanks Tom, but that's for 32bit. I have more than 4GB of RAM, and it won't run:

sh: ./iVMS-4200: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory

And it doesn't give any idea what its dependencies might be.

Can't get the mobile app to connect to the cameras. In the mobile app I've set the IP, UN:PW and port but it can't connect. I've tried both ports 554 and 8000. I'm port-forwarding these ports in the router, and the cameras are connected directly to the router.

In my local systems I use exclusively rtsp: with VLC, but of course I can't rewind or get any services, only Live View. The port 80 service only works with Internet Exploser in Winduhs; nothing I've done has made it with in Firefox.

you need to use the media port - default 8000...

Make sure the credentials are correct..

IP Cam Viewer Lite or Pro will connect directly to the cams and comes in Android and iOS versions. I've had good luck with it over the last few years.

Definitely can use HK iVMS 4500 without HK server. I have been doing that for several months now...

My set-up: 8 HK cameras, ACC5 Server, and HK iVMS 4500.

Definitely can use HK iVMS 4500 without HK server. I have been doing that for several months now...

Why do u use ACC5 and IVMS 4500 at the same time ?

Why do u use ACC5 and IVMS 4500 at the same time ?

Hi. For remote usage with the microphone and speaker capabilities with the HK cameras. I'm not sure if I can enable these via ACC Mobile. :/