Sign in to follow this  
tomh

Help me choose a DVR

Hi guys i need to replace my DVR, my current one only allows cameras to be viewed via D-player and I cant stand it.

What DVR do you recommend as my main priority is,

1) Being able to access my camera's at home from my works PC

2) viewing on my 'android' phone (but not via D-player)

My old DVR has a 500gb HDD so that can be swapped into a better system, I don't need cameras. I'm using dome BMC cameras and not IP.

Thanks

Most of DVR, nowdays, support a remote access over internet or smart phones. Your old one might be limited to CIF recording. Get a new DVR for analog cameras, this time, that supports WD1 or 960H or D1 Recording.

Most of DVR, nowdays, support a remote access over internet or smart phones. Your old one might be limited to CIF recording. Get a new DVR for analog cameras, this time, that supports WD1 or 960H or D1 Recording.

No point looking at 960h

Buy something local to you ..... Dahua dvr will do what you need

No point looking at 960h

What's wrong 960h m8?

No point looking at 960h

What's wrong 960h m8?

Op says does not want to change cameras ....... No point 960h dvr if not using 960 cameras

But if desired to change cameras then go IP and nvr

Ohhh, Tom. There are no Cameras, termed as 960H. All analog cameras can be digitized as 960H-horizontal resolution. OP wants to keep his analog cameras. Old DVRS were, in general, limited to a CIF recording. And I recommended a new DVR capable of 960H/WD1/D1 Recording.

Ohhh, Tom. There are no Cameras, termed as 960H. All analog cameras can be digitized as 960H-horizontal resolution. OP wants to keep his analog cameras. Old DVRS were, in general, limited to a CIF recording. And I recommended a new DVR capable of 960H/WD1/D1 Recording.

Sunnykim .....are you for real ???....... Please don't try and teach

CIF IS OLD not been around for a long time ...... 960h is Tvl over 760 ........and unlike CIF and D1 960 is for wide screen monitors hence 960 dvr with hdmi

So what YOU are saying is .... If op has 320 or 360 Tvl cameras it's ok to go 960h dvr ? .........wow