Sign in to follow this  
thaking

Goodbye CVI hello 1080P AHD DVR

I'm Not sure if you guys know this or not. In recent years China, sets the trend for CCTV worldwide, with company's like Hikvision and Dahua OEMing for Everyone. Recently in China 1080P AHD has overtaken the market share of TVI and CVI, 1080P AHD has a resolution that is very similar to SDI.

I can answer any questions you guys have about the CCTV market, where it's heading, and share certain tips to keep you guys ahead of the curve

Capture.JPG.aaae0a41b728e4ebab5d0d06bf7d3c1a.JPG

I can answer any questions you guys have about the CCTV market, where it's heading, and share certain tips to keep you guys ahead of the curve

Before you do it's always best to be honest and truthful

Your company IS NOT THE ONLY COMPANY AT ALL

WHOS TECH IS IT its Dahua

If you can't be truthful from the start why or how do you expect customers to trust you

SPAM IS BAD

First of, None of the major manufacturers are doing 1080p AHD DVRs, Second AHD is not Dahua's tech it's Korean technology, Third I am not to argue with you tom or mislead anyone but I speak facts.

First of, None of the major manufacturers are doing 1080p AHD DVRs, Second AHD is not Dahua's tech it's Korean technology, Third I am not to argue with you tom or mislead anyone but I speak facts.

You are the 3rd person in two days to post from Eastern CCTV .... It's clear this is spam

And it MAY BE LICENCED OUT TO A KOREAN COMPANY. But the fact is your based in newyork

I picked up on you saying ONLY MANUFACTURER ..... OR ARE YOU IMPORTER

You posted twice today someone else filled forum yesterday full of spam and got deleted

Obviously it's not spam, if we have multiple locations, don't you think the word should be out there. We are a manufacturer. Apple is based in Cupertino and I'm very sure none of their manufacturing takes place there call me let's talk about this tom.

Obviously it's not spam, if we have multiple locations, don't you think the word should be out there. We are a manufacturer. Apple is based in Cupertino and I'm very sure none of their manufacturing takes place there call me let's talk about this tom.

It OBVIOUSLY IS spam you posted a number of posts in first 10 mins of joining forum both the same ADVERT. THAT IS SPAM

YOU did the same on Thursday .... Same postings under another name ... There were remover ....why because it's spam

Now let's explain something so as it's understood better and may be you can handle being a new member better and help or recommend ..........CCTV forum has sponsores ( that's people that pay to advertise) which keeps the forum free to join

It's not a free outlet for you to advertise your company multiple times

You would of done better getting involved with the forum ......post footage of AHD

WHICH by the way is not new both Dahua and hikvision have added it to there full range of DVRS as standard .......plus no point selling DVR IF YOU DONT HAVE AHD CAMERAS

AHD has overtaken the market share of TVI and CVI, 1080P

...is the only manufacturer producing Full 1080p TRIBRID AHD DVRs.

...and...

None of the major manufacturers are doing 1080p AHD DVRs

Did Yogi Berra write this or something?

...it's sooo popular that nobody else is making it.

If only Toshiba had tried that market logic with HD-DVD.

Actually, Tri-Brid AHD DVR not you only able to develop and/ or produce. I can list some factory but not as you claim.

I prefer to believe you consign someone to OEM you DVR rather than you are developing to manufacturing DVR in all phase.

Recently in China 1080P AHD has overtaken the market share of TVI and CVI,
Source, please. I find it very difficult to believe a proprietary Analog HD technology with only a relatively few small manufacturers and VARs producing and selling products has overtaken market share from Dahua and Hikvision on their home turf.

Source, please. I find it very difficult to believe a proprietary Analog HD technology with only a relatively few small manufacturers and VARs producing and selling products has overtaken market share from Dahua and Hikvision on their home turf.

Survtech, the claim might be right. I am also monitoring the market carefully. Note that AHD did make some success in Korea. The AHD receiver chip set can also capture the conventional NTSC or PAL signal automatically. Therefore, its DVR could be cheaper than TVI's or CVI's, which probably need extra decoding(NTSC,PAL) chip set. China manufactueres are very sensitive penny-wise.

Survtech, the claim might be right. I am also monitoring the market carefully. Note that AHD did make some success in Korea. The AHD receiver chip set can also capture the conventional NTSC or PAL signal automatically. Therefore, its DVR could be cheaper than TVI's or CVI's, which probably need extra decoding(NTSC,PAL) chip set. China manufactueres are very sensitive penny-wise.

You are Absolutely right. What most of you reading what I wrote at face value. AHD has been around it is not new, before the picture quality looked cheap and whereas now it is full 1080P. And the cameras though they are AHD, when hooked up to an Analog DVR they will display at 960H. Understand that here in the states the only people that were installing AHD were the guys that would bundle the cheap kits with their alarm sells. Like I said I am in the wholesale business selling to distributors, I am only here to keep knowledge sharp as well provide information on which direction the market is heading.

You are Absolutely right. What most of you reading what I wrote at face value. AHD has been around it is not new, before the picture quality looked cheap and whereas now it is full 1080P. And the cameras though they are AHD, when hooked up to an Analog DVR they will display at 960H. Understand that here in the states the only people that were installing AHD were the guys that would bundle the cheap kits with their alarm sells. Like I said I am in the wholesale business selling to distributors, I am only here to keep knowledge sharp as well provide information on which direction the market is heading.

Good to know, Thaking.

Let me correct you in some comments of bold character above.

When the AHD DVR is to be hooked up to analog cameras(NTSC, PAL), it will play as 960H DVR. But when hooked up to AHD Cameras, say 1080P, it will record and preview as 1080P. Please correct me, if I am wrong.

Unless my world map is wrong, Korea is NOT China.

Survtech,

I do not know why exactly. But the DVR (HD-AHD) can support analog cameras (NTSC, PAL) in a signgle chip. But HD-TVI or HD- CVI needs an additional chip set if they should support analog cameras. That's what I know. Therefore, the AHD - DVR can be made cheaper. That could be my guess.

SunnyKim, I didn't ask for chipset or technical information on AHD versus HDCVI versus HD-TVI, I asked for a source to back up thaking's statement that "Recently in China 1080P AHD has overtaken the market share of TVI and CVI".