versed

Seagate surveillance grade HD's

anyone have experience with these Seagate drives. I was thinking about using the WD green's but have seen a couple of post indicating these won't last too long as VMS storage.

anyone have experience with these Seagate drives. I was thinking about using the WD green's but have seen a couple of post indicating these won't last too long as VMS storage.

Definitely do not use greens. Years ago I foolishly did in the quest for the lowest power consumption NVR possible. They died. I've used WD Reds successfully for several years. WD also makes the purple which is supposedly optimised for CCTV but I don't know much about them other than a few reviews I've read. Regardless I run a Raid for redundancy.

I've been using the Seagate SV35 drives for a couple years now, after having some WD Greens die on me. I've got three 2TB drives in my DVR here at home (American Dynamics TVR) and haven't had any problems with them. I've also put them in a few Intellex units and a Ganz DigiMaster without any issues so far.

I have been using Western Digital Black Enterprise drives and they work without problems for years now. The WD purple drives are also a good source, but I would use them for Video storage. I avoid using WD Purple drives to store the OS.

The best are WD Purple and Seagate® Surveillance HDD`s

There is one betther option and that are the WD Yellow label HDD`s. They are $$$ but really fast, durable and even power efficient, and made for big servers nas.