Sign in to follow this  
Muawiya

I'm female and new here

I have a 10mb ADSL line from my subscriber but only max average 2mb internet as tested

Because of slow internet making the NVR not an option, I chose to go the analogue HD-TVI 1080P Hikvision route

Any suggestions, advice or comments?

I have the DS-7208HQHI-SH

3 X Hikvision 2mp outdoor Bullet

3 X Hikvision 2mp outdoor Dome

Any advice on using 2 X hikvision DS-2AE7230T-A analoque PTZ for the two remaining channels?

The above DVR can handle two 1080P IP cameras......will the set up including two IP cameras work with my current 2mb adsl line? Is the internet speed fast enough for remote view with upload speed of average 500Kbps

I have a 10mb ADSL line from my subscriber but only max average 2mb internet as tested

Because of slow internet making the NVR not an option, I chose to go the analogue HD-TVI 1080P Hikvision route

Any advice on using 2 X hikvision DS-2AE7230T-A analoque PTZ for the two remaining channels?

The above DVR can handle two 1080P IP cameras......will the set up including two IP cameras work with my current 2mb adsl line? Is the internet speed fast enough for remote view with upload speed of average 500Kbps

Hi. And welcome to the forum .... You can install any type of system ...... Your ISP or Internet has nothing at all to do with it ..... You don't even need Internet (only for remote viewing ) you have a lot more options if you go IP

Say...If I got 8ch NVR SET UP using only 2mp plus cameras...are you saying that I don't need internet to view 1080p in real time in the local network but only for remote view?

Say...If I got 8ch NVR SET UP using only 2mp plus cameras...are you saying that I don't need internet to view 1080p in real time in the local network but only for remote view?

YES .....you don't need the internet you only need Internet to view your cameras away from the network

Now I'm really confused...The reason for going the analogue route was because of my current network speed. A pro at Hikvision advised to go for the HD TVI over the DVR IP set up...which will lead me to request more detailed explanations from you guys....apologies if it may sound stupid but I'm just a gal in distress....and have no clue to anything relating IT

1) For IT cameras to work it has to be connected to your local network via a modem/router/NVR with active internet?

I have a Hikvision tribid Turbo HD-TVI 8ch DS-7208HQHI-SH DVR incl. 6 X 1080p analogue Turbo HD-TVI cameras

and was told that I can connect 8 X analogue plus two IP cameras total 10.

2) Is this correct? If so...is it possible to connect to the 6 existing, another two 2MP IP PTZ and two analogue 2MP PTZ Hikvision cameras?

3) If no internet will an NVR with IP cameras set up still work...like watch live view on local network?

4) Common guys...any comment and advice appreciated as I need to complete the camera purchases and have everything installed asap...

Muawiya, you're talking about two different things here. To view and record any CCTV system locally, your Internet speed doesn't matter. Analog systems, as well as HDCVI, HDcctv, HD-TVI and AHD all record locally to DVRs or NVRs. You can also view both "Live" and recorded video locally with no connection to the Internet. The same applies to digital systems, like IP and HD-SDI.

Local viewing is not dependent on your Internet speed - it is dependent on the type of system, the speed of your private network, if any, and the capabilities of your cameras, DVR and any client computers connected directly to your CCTV system.

Where the Internet comes into play is if you want to view "Live" or recorded video from a remote location, like watching the cameras in your house from work or watching your business's cameras from home. In that case, with slow Internet speed, you will not be able to view things as well. Depending on your system and your choices, you may need to view images at lower resolution and/or frame rates than you would locally. You may also only be able to view one or two cameras at the same time, whereas locally you can view many at the same time.

Hi. And welcome to the forum .... You can install any type of system ...... Your ISP or Internet has nothing at all to do with it ..... You don't even need Internet (only for remote viewing ) you have a lot more options if you go IP

As said, HD-TVI could be a good choice. Then buy a DVR that supports HD-TVI, for sure. Also check the DVR could support recording separately both Main Stream (1080P) and Substream(CIF or D1 or less frame rates for remote access).