Sign in to follow this  
secplus

Data recovery on Hard Drive used in lorex Eco2

I have a customer, who owned a clothing store. Someone during the July 4th weekend, set his store on fire, and completely destroyed his business. By some miracle, the DVR didn't get too damaged, and the Hard Disk made it. The police took the dvr into evidence, but according to them, couldn't get anything out of it. Today we got the DVR back, and we can tell that they never even attempted to read it, so the task has been left up to me. Windows sees the drive under the disk management console, it sees three partitions, shows correct sizes and everything, but since it's not initialized, it does not show under my computer.

I have no clue where to start, there were two cameras pointing right at the window where the guy doused gasoline, so we know that in this footage, we'll be able to see who did it.

I have a customer, who owned a clothing store. Someone during the July 4th weekend, set his store on fire, and completely destroyed his business. By some miracle, the DVR didn't get too damaged, and the Hard Disk made it. The police took the dvr into evidence, but according to them, couldn't get anything out of it. Today we got the DVR back, and we can tell that they never even attempted to read it, so the task has been left up to me. Windows sees the drive under the disk management console, it sees three partitions, shows correct sizes and everything, but since it's not initialized, it does not show under my computer.

I have no clue where to start, there were two cameras pointing right at the window where the guy doused gasoline, so we know that in this footage, we'll be able to see who did it.

try getting a hold of the same exact dvr and try the hard drive in there.

What brand is it?

is a LOREX ECO2. I have looked for one, but nothing. I really find it ridiculous that these manufacturers don't have a piece of software for instances like this.