pig

E-mail alerts

Hi,

Having trouble setting up my new DVR for e-mail alerts. I enter the SMTP server and my Gmail details using port 465 and SSL security but I keep getting the message 'Sender's Mailbox Illegal'. Any suggestions?

Regards.

mail.jpg.76cca57a96dbc0f6854ce0038be668ce.jpg

Hi,

Having trouble setting up my new DVR for e-mail alerts. I enter the SMTP server and my Gmail details using port 465 and SSL security but I keep getting the message 'Sender's Mailbox Illegal'. Any suggestions?

Regards.

Hi,friend, you'd better show your email settings rather than the illegal prompt.then someone may give you a hand.Or you can try to disable the SSL security,maybe it would be work.

-----------------------------------

Email:mxtinlv2015@gmail.com

www.smart-views.com

Yes I did put my real username

Hi. Your images show dvr off line ??

Have you setup your recorder online first ??? Can you view away from your house

Hi,

The problem is Gmail is not allowing your dvr to access the "outbound" of the account to send. Your dvr is getting rejected by Gmail. Double check with Gmail for the protocol settings to put in your dvr.

Think of your dvr as a computer "mail" client application that checks and sends email.

When you go to Gmail website online you just put in your login and pw to check your mail because that is on "their" server. When your computer's "mail" program does it, it needs more than that, it needs either the IMAP protocols or the SMTP protocols, along with the SSL security. In your case, your dvr is going to need the "Outgoing" mail server protocol settings, port number, etc..

Go to Gmail and look up something like Computer Email Settings. That should get you going.

Try turning on the "allow less secure apps" setting in your Gmail account. This was the issue with my parents (Hikvision) DVR. Email works fine now.