Sign in to follow this  
benharuna

Tested and Trusted Analog cameras

Hi guys

am planning an installation, and am looking for outdoor cameras to use, can anyone in the house recommend any camera that will last, it should be weatherproof. because the existing cameras got burnt within 2months of installation

Samsung has been the Number one quality for analog cameras. CnBTech has been good for analog cameras.

thank you for your quick response, however i will like to know if you have personally install samsung cameras before and how long have they lasted. because i really need proof for this installation i do not want what will fail after the installation.

Samsung has been the Number one quality for analog cameras. CnBTech has been good for analog cameras.

thank you for your quick response, however i will like to know if you have personally install samsung cameras before and how long have they lasted. because i really need proof for this installation i do not want what will fail after the installation.

You cannot use someones personal experience with a particular camera as a meter...what are you trying to accomplish? where are you installing these? are they for yourself or someone else?

You cannot use someones personal experience with a particular camera as a meter...what are you trying to accomplish? where are you installing these? are they for yourself or someone else?

the installation is for a school, the cameras will be install in Nigeria (outdoor/indoor)

....and you better know who you are buying from and have the proper funds to get the equipment too. Analog cameras are no longer being manufactured in the scale that they once where, since analog HD over coax is prevalent, SDI, TVI, CVI, AHD, and whatever else they decide to come out with.

As for asking for "proof", you are not going to get it like this, you can ask instead who has had good experience with this brand or that brand, but to demand proof, you better be buying them from that person.

How many cameras and what is your budget? Where are you buying your cameras form? What was the brand you used that died?

24 cameras, am considering buying from amazon, the budget is $700-$1000, the brand that died is KFE, is a china product

How many cameras and what is your budget? Where are you buying your cameras form? What was the brand you used that died?

24 cameras, am considering buying from amazon, the budget is $700-$1000, the brand that died is KFE, is a china product

Find a reseller of hikvision TVI or dahua CVI, which is HD over analog..the cameras can be had for 35-50 depending on the camera....you will also need a DVR sepcific to either sdi or tvi...

IF you can get away with only 16 cameras (you will need to add the other 4), then consider this system..

Its a dahua cvi system.

http://www.costco.com/Lorex-16-Channel-HD-1080p-Security-System-with-2TB-HDD-and-12-1080p-Cameras.product.100163008.html#

Or even two of these

http://www.costco.com/Q-See-16-Channel-HD-720p-Security-System-with-2TB-HDD-and-12-720p-Cameras.product.100220958.html

Find a reseller of hikvision TVI or dahua CVI, which is HD over analog..the cameras can be had for 35-50 depending on the camera....you will also need a DVR sepcific to either sdi or tvi...

IF you can get away with only 16 cameras (you will need to add the other 4), then consider this system..

Its a dahua cvi system.

http://www.costco.com/Lorex-16-Channel-HD-1080p-Security-System-with-2TB-HDD-and-12-1080p-Cameras.product.100163008.html#

Or even two of these

http://www.costco.com/Q-See-16-Channel-HD-720p-Security-System-with-2TB-HDD-and-12-720p-Cameras.product.100220958.html

thank you for your help. what about the samsung product you recommended. can these products be found on amazon

Budget of Less than U$1000 for 24 Cameras? Go for analog systems that supports Recording D1, not CIF. They are very rugged and your maintenance and supporting is easy. NVR or HD IP Cameras could cost you Way more than that. Do not buy 4MP cameras. You are cheated.

Budget of Less than U$1000 for 24 Cameras? Go for analog systems that supports Recording D1, not CIF. They are very rugged and your maintenance and supporting is easy. NVR or HD IP Cameras could cost you Way more than that. Do not buy 4MP cameras. You are cheated.

No one said anything about 4mp. IF you would bother to look at the links you would see they are for CVI 720p and 1080p cameras. Analog cameras are no more "rugged" than cvi or tvi....as evidenced by the failure of his current cameras..stop spreading misinformation. What we do know is that the cvi cameras will be MUCH clearer and crisper. If you would read my links you would see that he can get 24, 720p cvi cameras with two dvr's for 1000US...

Disclaimer, SunnyKim sells D1 low resolution junk cameras and thats why he pushes them. He also claims that I work for costco....anyone who lives in the US can understand why that is insane.

As an aside, anyone who can claim that you are cheated when buying 4mp cameras is not only lying, but clearly has no understanding of the technology. Sunnykim likes to post information to make it appear as though he understands camera technology but it is evident that he has no clue. He cant even see the difference between D1 and HD 1080p...maybe he is blind, in that case im sorry.

Boogieman, please stop promoting 4MP cameras- Counterfeits With bad low light performance.

We are talking about U$700 for 24 Camera systems.

Boogieman, please stop promoting 4MP cameras- Counterfeits With bad low light performance.

We are talking about U$700 for 24 Camera systems.

First you say 1000, now 700. OP posted 700-1000.

I know you dont speak English. So lets make something clear here. NOWHERE in this thread did I recommend 4mp cameras. Only 720p and 1080p. If you would bother to look at my links from costco, you will find this to be true. You will also find that YES, you can get 24 720p CVI cameras WITH DVR and hard drives for 1000 USD. These are NOT counterfeit! STOP LYING. They are sold by qsee (rebranded dahua) and sold in costco. Are you saying that costco is selling counterfeit? REALLY?

Since your google must be broken or your govenment is blocking it. Let me help you understand what costco is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Costco

" As of 2014, it was the third largest retailer in the United States,[5] in 2015 it is the second largest in the world (after Walmart)[6] and the largest membership warehouse club chain in the United States.[7]"

THEY ARE NOT SELLING COUNTERFEIT. Please stop lying to try and sell you junk around here.

Please tell us why you made up that lie about costco. That is not the proper way to do business.

No one said anything about 4mp. IF you would bother to look at the links you would see they are for CVI 720p and 1080p cameras. Analog cameras are no more "rugged" than cvi or tvi....as evidenced by the failure of his current cameras..stop spreading misinformation. What we do know is that the cvi cameras will be MUCH clearer and crisper. If you would read my links you would see that he can get 24, 720p cvi cameras with two dvr's for 1000US...

Disclaimer, SunnyKim sells D1 low resolution junk cameras and thats why he pushes them. He also claims that I work for costco....anyone who lives in the US can understand why that is insane.

As an aside, anyone who can claim that you are cheated when buying 4mp cameras is not only lying, but clearly has no understanding of the technology. Sunnykim likes to post information to make it appear as though he understands camera technology but it is evident that he has no clue. He cant even see the difference between D1 and HD 1080p...maybe he is blind, in that case im sorry.

Boogieman, go get the brand new vaccum at Costco. Cameras work for 24/7/365. No TVs, Cars, Vaccums do not work like that. Hot /Warm/Cold/Rain/Strom, even in the lightening. Please do not bame cheap cameras. Still being our good neighbors. Too cheap to support Counterfeits. Thus being trashed / insulted by Boogieman.

Boogieman, go get the brand new vaccum at Costco. Cameras work for 24/7/365. No TVs, Cars, Vaccums do not work like that. Hot /Warm/Cold/Rain/Strom, even in the lightening. Please do not bame cheap cameras. Still being our good neighbors. Too cheap to support Counterfeits. Thus being trashed / insulted by Boogieman.

PLEASE get a better translator. Vacuums? we are talking about cameras here. Please dont buy any cheap junk SunnyKim tries to sell you via PM.

There are no counterfeits mentioned in this tread. You are just lying as usual. STOP.

Answer the question posed to you. Are you saying that costco is selling counterfeit cameras? YES OR NO? Its a simple question.

Boogieman' date=' go get the brand new vaccum at Costco. Cameras work for 24/7/365. No TVs, Cars, Vaccums do not work like that. Hot /Warm/Cold/Rain/Strom, even in the lightening. Please do not bame cheap cameras. Still being our good neighbors. Too cheap to support Counterfeits. Thus being trashed / insulted by Boogieman.[/quote']

PLEASE get a better translator. Vacuums? we are talking about cameras here. Please dont buy any cheap junk SunnyKim tries to sell you via PM.

There are no counterfeits mentioned in this tread. You are just lying as usual. STOP.

Answer the question posed to you. Are you saying that costco is selling counterfeit cameras? YES OR NO? Its a simple question.

I am getting a better translator, Boogieman.

You can go get a brand new vaccum at Cosco. Just like you can get a brand new camera replaced when it dies out after 10 years hard-working. Isn't it what you said?. Sorry the analog cameras are too cheap to support Counterfeits. So Boogieman does trash all Curses on Analog cameras, simply because he lives on Counterfeits.

Boogieman' date=' go get the brand new vaccum at Costco. Cameras work for 24/7/365. No TVs, Cars, Vaccums do not work like that. Hot /Warm/Cold/Rain/Strom, even in the lightening. Please do not bame cheap cameras. Still being our good neighbors. Too cheap to support Counterfeits. Thus being trashed / insulted by Boogieman.[/quote']

I am getting a better translator, Boogieman.

You can go get a brand new vaccum at Cosco. Just like you can get a brand new camera replaced when it dies out after 10 years hard-working. Isn't it what you said?. Sorry the analog cameras are too cheap to support Counterfeits. So Boogieman does trash all Curses on Analog cameras, simply because he lives on Counterfeits.

Once again you lie. Costco does not sell counterfeits. Why are you lying? Please stop promoting D1 because your company sells junk D1 cameras. Also stop PMing users trying to sell you D1 Junk.

Once again you lie. Costco does not sell counterfeits. Why are you lying? Please stop promoting D1 because your company sells junk D1 cameras. Also stop PMing users trying to sell you D1 Junk.

I would say Costco is too rich to afford counterfits. But analog cameras are too cheap to afford counterfeits. But I know you live on installing counterfeits, simply because not being too rich.

I would say Costco is too rich to afford counterfits. But analog cameras are too cheap to afford counterfeits. But I know you live on installing counterfeits, simply because not being too rich.

I have no idea what you are talking about, your writing is gibberish. You claimed earlier that the cameras I was recommending from costco were counterfeits. Thanks for admitting you were LYING. Dont forget that NO ONE wants your junk Analog cameras. Its 2015 not 1990...stop selling outdated junk.

Also, please stop sending users PM's trying to sell your junk.

I'm not sure I understand the situation here. Are you saying you're in Nigeria and want to obtain CCTV cameras for an installation there or that you want to buy CCTV cameras elsewhere, like in the U.S., to install in Nigeria? There's a big difference.

From what I can tell, amazon.com does not ship to Nigeria. There is also no Costco in Nigeria. I would assume that you can obtain a number of cameras made in China, Malaysia, Taiwan, South Korea, etc. in, or for, Nigeria.

Also, be aware that the vast majority of analog CCTV equipment sold in the U.S. uses the NTSC television system standards. Nigeria uses PAL. The two systems are not compatible. Most of Europe, South America, Africa and Australia do use the PAL system so for compatibility's sake, you should concentrate on those areas for your analog CCTV purchases.

Countries that use the P A L system

Countries that use the NTSC system

There is also a third system - SECAM, originally designed by the French.

Countries that use the SECAM system

For references, almost all CCTV Camera does not support to output SECAM format, but only PAL or NTSC. Almost all SECAM TVs can show videos coming from pAL cameras. So you may not worry SECAM format.

Edited by Guest

I'm not sure I understand the situation here. Are you saying you're in Nigeria and want to obtain CCTV cameras for an installation there or that you want to buy CCTV cameras elsewhere, like in the U.S., to install in Nigeria? There's a big difference.

From what I can tell, amazon.com does not ship to Nigeria. There is also no Costco in Nigeria. I would assume that you can obtain a number of cameras made in China, Malaysia, Taiwan, South Korea, etc. in, or for, Nigeria.

Also, be aware that the vast majority of analog CCTV equipment sold in the U.S. uses the NTSC television system standards. Nigeria uses PAL. The two systems are not compatible. Most of Europe, South America, Africa and Australia do use the PAL system so for compatibility's sake, you should concentrate on those areas for your analog CCTV purchases.

Countries that use the P A L system

Countries that use the NTSC system

there are forwarding companies like mallforafrica, shoptomydoor, bougous with this companies you can shop any shop in the whole world and have your goods delivered to you. most TVs this days comes with PAL and NTSC. these are not issues anymore. this is 2015 and not 1965

There is also a third system - SECAM, originally designed by the French.

Countries that use the SECAM system