Sign in to follow this  
tmman

New system for small restaurant

We have an antiquated system that needs a complete overhaul! We want to do an IP system using PoE. We will need 8-10 cameras with a dedicated NVR. The cameras should be dome and offer 1080p video. I found these Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I cameras on amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EJXK0I6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2LZ6RSJUGKOVR) and they seemed like a pretty good price.

Any issues with these cameras? Is there a better model someone would recommend?

Also, I will need an NVR and this is where I really get stumped! I have been looking around and reading these forums but can't seem to find what it is I need... or at least I am confusing myself! It is important that we have remote viewing via an android/iOS app as that will be used 99% of the time... unless there is of course a robbery.

I am assuming that motion detection and other features are fairly standard anymore with these IP systems.

I had originally started looking at this AvertX system at Costco, which gets very mixed reviews here on this forum: http://www.costco.com/AvertX-16-Channel-HD-NVR-Security-System-with-6TB-HDD-and-10-Autofocus-4MP-HD-IP-Cameras.product.100221880.html

Anyone have any qualms with those? The only one I notice is that I feel like I could probably piece a systemm together for a much cheaper price.

Any help the pros at this forum could offer would all be greatly appreciated as I am finding much of this rather confusing.

Thanks!

The hikvision cameras on amazon, will come with no warranty or support. You will also not be able to update the firmware as they are china region cameras. If you are going to use a hikvsion NVR and not third party VMS, make sure all your cameras and NVR are US region. Not just english, US region.

That particular model cannot be wall mounted because its two axis...

The avertex system is more expensive because it has optical zoom and onboard sd card storage.