n0fx

Hikvision camera with firmware v5.3.3 on Hikvision NVR

I bought some new Hikvision 4MP cameras (DS-2CD2042WD-I) with firmware v5.3.3 on them, so I tried to use them with the Hikvision 7104NI-SL/W but they don't show any video. The main screen shows no video on it, even though it's added to the NVR.

I activated the cameras using SADP v2.2.3.6 and changed the default password to Password1, set a static IP on the camera, and try to add it using the static ip I assigned, management port of 8000, username admin and password Password1. When I hit add, the NVR tries to connect to it but after 1 minute, it says disconnected but the NVR can read the camera model # and firmware number. The strange thing is when I use the search button to find cameras with the NVR, it says 0 channels are available.

I can connect to the camera directly via Internet Explorer and I can see the streaming video with the correct credentials.

I have another machine from Hikvision (7608NI-E2/8P), and it works fine with the camera, so I know the camera works but it just won't work with the 7104NI-SL/W. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm out of ideas and I'm afraid that this particular NVR doesn't work with it and I need to get another model. I'm looking to use the cameras to just stream without any recording, so I'm looking for the cheapest NVR that will allow me to stream to a TV/monitor.

nvr1.thumb.jpg.79bf615d09c5ac868cd010af56bada0e.jpg

nvr2.thumb.jpg.438d670ce88d726da6e77b4ba23def82.jpg

I bought some new Hikvision 4MP cameras (DS-2CD2042WD-I) with firmware v5.3.3 on them, so I tried to use them with the Hikvision 7104NI-SL/W but they don't show any video. The main screen shows no video on it, even though it's added to the NVR.

I activated the cameras using SADP v2.2.3.6 and changed the default password to Password1, set a static IP on the camera, and try to add it using the static ip I assigned, management port of 8000, username admin and password Password1. When I hit add, the NVR tries to connect to it but after 1 minute, it says disconnected but the NVR can read the camera model # and firmware number. The strange thing is when I use the search button to find cameras with the NVR, it says 0 channels are available.

I can connect to the camera directly via Internet Explorer and I can see the streaming video with the correct credentials.

I have another machine from Hikvision (7608NI-E2/8P), and it works fine with the camera, so I know the camera works but it just won't work with the 7104NI-SL/W. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm out of ideas and I'm afraid that this particular NVR doesn't work with it and I need to get another model. I'm looking to use the cameras to just stream without any recording, so I'm looking for the cheapest NVR that will allow me to stream to a TV/monitor.

Check that you have enough spare bandwidth on this NVR, also, un-check H.264+ in this camera. Old firmware on NVR doesn't support it.

Check that you have enough spare bandwidth on this NVR, also, un-check H.264+ in this camera. Old firmware on NVR doesn't support it.

Thanks, I didn't think of turning off the H264+ on the camera. Is the option available on the 2042's? I'll need to go look for it. For the NVR, the one I'm using to stream, there's nothing going into it (only 2 streams). I think it should have all of it for streaming.

I have an update to this, I ended up finding the H264+ setting on the 2042 camera, it's turned off but still didn't work. I ended up reducing the resolution to 1080p and the bitrate to something lower (2048 Kbps) to get the NVR to show some video. If it's set to 2688 x 1520 with 1 camera, the NVR still wouldn't show anything. The firmware on it just doesn't like it and I know if I use 1 camera, it should of worked. The bitrate was set to 6Mbps and the NVR can go up to 20 Mbps max.

I have an update to this, I ended up finding the H264+ setting on the 2042 camera, it's turned off but still didn't work. I ended up reducing the resolution to 1080p and the bitrate to something lower (2048 Kbps) to get the NVR to show some video. If it's set to 2688 x 1520 with 1 camera, the NVR still wouldn't show anything. The firmware on it just doesn't like it and I know if I use 1 camera, it should of worked. The bitrate was set to 6Mbps and the NVR can go up to 20 Mbps max.

Wow wait, a 4Mp camera. If that resolution is not supported by the NVR, it won't work.

Recording resolution

5MP/3MP/1080p/UXGA/720p/VGA/4CIF/DCIF/2CIF/CIF/QCIF

The 7104NI-SL/W supports 1080p(2MP) 3MP and even 5MP, but not 4MP. Not a problem with bitrate, but with supported resolutions. A firmware update might solve that on the NVR sometime in the future, I don't know.

Wow wait, a 4Mp camera. If that resolution is not supported by the NVR, it won't work.

Recording resolution

5MP/3MP/1080p/UXGA/720p/VGA/4CIF/DCIF/2CIF/CIF/QCIF

The 7104NI-SL/W supports 1080p(2MP) 3MP and even 5MP, but not 4MP. Not a problem with bitrate, but with supported resolutions. A firmware update might solve that on the NVR sometime in the future, I don't know.