Sign in to follow this  
pastore.a

HD on NVR4116H always full

Hello,

for about 1 month I used the my new Dahua NVR4116H with 3 cameras IPC-HFW4200S.

Of course after 1 month of continuous recording the 3Tb HD became full and the "HD full" alert Led turned on on the front.

So I thinked to delete files older then 5 days. Correctly the NVR deleted the files and in the playback page the files disappeared.

But… the HD is always full and the Alert Led is always ON! The files are gone but the HD page shows again only 260Gb/3Gb free!

Why?

Thanks

Andrew

I would check for a firmware update, it sounds like your unit is not handling file management very well. It could also be that it is doing some sort of pre-allocation and if that is the case it means you have it set up to record more than it can handle. Try reducing the number of days being recorded and the framrate on cameras where it is not really beneficial. Just so you know, there are very few times when 15FPS or higher is required.

I changed the number of days to maintain at 10am. The NVR correctly at 10am deleted all records before 10am of 5 days ago.

Now it's 8pm and the records start since 5 days ago at 10 am!

Something is wrong...

I updated the firmware without reset to default parameters, could be this the problem?

Andrew

No it's correct, now the NVR is deleting the old records every morning at 10am.

I waiting tomorrow when the free space will be 0...

Andrew

No it's correct, now the NVR is deleting the old records every morning at 10am.

I waiting tomorrow when the free space will be 0...

Andrew

Hi. It is always best to let the unit over write on its own ......otherwise you can't have holiday or leave unit a few days

It is normal for drive to say full

As Tom Said it's normal for the HDD to show full, the recorder only deletes what it needs to write the next set of files.

Also the auto delete old files doesn't actually do what it says if you disable that option you'll still have access to the old recordings.

I can't actually see a reason here to want it to show as 0 space, it's a security device, it's designed to store as much info as possible for as long as possible.

I see your point, but what I don't understand is the "HD full" alert...

If the files are not physically deleted from the HD and the HD is always full what is the meaning of the "HD full" alert... The system works always with the HD full after a initial period of time...

I see your point, but what I don't understand is the "HD full" alert...

If the files are not physically deleted from the HD and the HD is always full what is the meaning of the "HD full" alert... The system works always with the HD full after a initial period of time...

You have the option in menu to overwrite or manual rest ...... Problem with manually reset is the recorder will stop recording till you reset.

Your HDD WILL show full on overwrite because it does oldest file off to make way for new files ........this also tells you how many days your HDD will hold footage before it starts to delete the oldest

It is normal