angelt

new CCTV setup help

I am trying to setup a few PTZs they are american dynamic. I have a few intellex DVRs I am hooking them up to. I am able to get them to turn on and record on the DVR but I'm afraid my knowledge is limited and I can't get the control going. Im using a sensormatic ad2088 contoller. I figure the problem is the sensormatic transformer. How do I get the transformer to communicate with the controller or the DVR and in turn the controller. I haven't been able to get the controller to turn on either. I also have several checkpoint PTZs that I was able to set up is there a way to combine the systems so I only use the newer ad2088 controller? Any help would be appreciated.

The AD2088 can't be connected directly to the Intellex. It's designed for use with a matrix switcher. What you need is an ADTT16E TouchTracker controller. That will connect to the back of the Intellex and allow you to switch the cameras on the screen, change the display, etc. and give you dome control via SensorNet protocol. I know very little about Checkpoint cameras. The few times I worked with them, they where a pain. I seriously doubt they would communicate with an American Dynamics controller.

This is an ADTT16E. There is also a small white box called an EIM that you'll need, along with a 24 volt AC power supply.

275615_2.png

I think I have the matrix switcher also. And I have the little white box where it has 2 data cables coming out of it one is supposed to go to the controller and the other the system but I'm bot sure where I have 3 intellex dvrs nd then there are two boxes underneath with several Ethernet ports followed by a large box that has all the ptz outputs going in to it from the three dvrs