ProLineRhett

Dedicated Micros Digital Sprite 2 troubleshooting question

Our office installed a Digital Sprite 2 security system a few years ago. Recently it started making some buzzing noises and we replaced the fans however, now it will not stay on once powered up. We plug the system in, it starts warming up (fan start running and on screen display shows powering up sequence) but after about 3 seconds, the system "clicks" and the signal to the monitor disappears, the fans stop but make a half spin about every 20 seconds. It seems like it may be a problem with the power supply but I don't have any experience with security systems and am only going off of computer knowledge.

What are my options for troubleshooting or resetting to get the system operational again?

Our office installed a Digital Sprite 2 security system a few years ago. Recently it started making some buzzing noises and we replaced the fans however, now it will not stay on once powered up. We plug the system in, it starts warming up (fan start running and on screen display shows powering up sequence) but after about 3 seconds, the system "clicks" and the signal to the monitor disappears, the fans stop but make a half spin about every 20 seconds. It seems like it may be a problem with the power supply but I don't have any experience with security systems and am only going off of computer knowledge.

What are my options for troubleshooting or resetting to get the system operational again?

Sounds like the power supply is shutting down into protection, this can either be a bad power supply or faulty motherboard (unlikely).

You mentioned you replaced the fans, have you tried unplugging the fans to see if the unit works without them, it wont harm it to test it without fans

What model DS2 is it, DS2P?

Its been a long time since i worked on one but if I remember right the fans on the DS2 are a 3 wire type. If the motherboard does not see the correct rpm it shuts down.