Sign in to follow this  
Wizz

Anyone else experience inconsistent quality with ACTi D72 ?

First D72 mounted outside at ~8' high (on a gate column) aimed at street had a horrible quality live view, extremely grainy/pixelated picture (making the motion detection go crazy). Connections tested out fine, focusing did not make a difference, settings had little effect. Took it down mounted another new-in-box D72 that we bought at the same time and the live view was much better, BUT now this D72 gives me a 'connection failed' message every time I switch screens within the ACTi software, and the live view screen will occasionally go completely black giving me the 'connection failed' message even though the recording happens uninterrupted (doesn't effect recording), then the live view will come back up after ~15 seconds. The techs were stumped as well even after they took control of my PC to check the settings. RMA issued for both cams.

Connection is as simple as it gets: PC > Zyzel POE > camera. Cabling is relatively new (~3 months) and I never had any type of 'connection failed' or network drop with the first D72 running it 24/7 for 3 months straight, only change was the cams (mounted in the same exact location). I even set the connection timeout from the 5 second default to 50 seconds, no help.

Is there a better option in the ACTi lineup for an outdoor dome in a sunny location?