jay2k6ie

Need advise on a one camera analog setup.

I was pondering the IP digital route but its looking to work out very expensive so I think I'll try the analog route instead which appears to be cheaper.

I'm trying to catch a vandal whos keying my car about 20m from my house. The car is in direct view of my home and where the camera will be setup. I have a few 500gb sata harddrives so I just need the DVR with no HDD.

I'm wondering what camera to get that I can zoom in 20m to my cars location and provide good day and night detail. The area that the car is in is not completely dark as there are streetlights around.

What DVR and camera would you recommend? My budget is about €250- €300 ($275 - $300)

You can see my car across the road in the image below and an approximate position of where the camera will be (where I took the picture)

Thanks

276978_1.jpg

You can have a ip camera for 100 dollars...not sure why you think its expensive...analog is going to give you a crap image.

Cant find anything with the spec I need in IP cameras, Hikvision are all running into the €300 mark for just the camera if I want to get a US/UK firmware version.

Can you please link me to an IP camera for that price that can shoot 20metres in at night with a clear image.

You can have a ip camera for 100 dollars...not sure why you think its expensive...analog is going to give you a crap image.

Cant find anything with the spec I need in IP cameras, Hikvision are all running into the €300 mark for just the camera if I want to get a US/UK firmware version.

Can you please link me to an IP camera for that price that can zoom 20metres and have a clear image at night

I was looking at this camera and the quality looks decent for the price if I zoomed it into to 12mm it may work do you not think?

I was looking at this camera and the quality looks decent for the price if I zoomed it into to 12mm it may work do you not think?

That quality its terrible...here is the same area with a 2.8mm 1080p hikvision

watch in 1080p

If you get a larger lens, it will be even clearer but more zoomed in...

You are better off buying a china hikvision than this 960h...

Also look at dahua..

Here is a motorized varifocal (so you can adjust the focal length really easy anytime)

130. Pick a a dahua NVR http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dahua-NVR-NVR4204-08-16-32-Network-Video-Recorder-NVR4204-NVR4208-NVR4216-NVR4232/32378947160.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.2.XAT6ZD&ws_ab_test=201407_4,201444_5,201409_5

and you are done...this is probably the best solution.

Or your can record direct to pc with dahuas free pss software.

Hi. That is a £29 camera

We're are you based ... Your going to find dahua is going to be cheaper in the UK

Can you take a picture at night of area you want ?

Dahua is nice quality for the price, do NOT go with analog, I promise it will be a waste in multiple ways.

That quality its terrible...here is the same area with a 2.8mm 1080p hikvision

watch in 1080p

If you get a larger lens, it will be even clearer but more zoomed in...

You are better off buying a china hikvision than this 960h...

Also look at dahua..

Here is a motorized varifocal (so you can adjust the focal length really easy anytime)

130. Pick a a dahua NVR http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dahua-NVR-NVR4204-08-16-32-Network-Video-Recorder-NVR4204-NVR4208-NVR4216-NVR4232/32378947160.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.2.XAT6ZD&ws_ab_test=201407_4,201444_5,201409_5

and you are done...this is probably the best solution.

Or your can record direct to pc with dahuas free pss software.

Ok your point is made!

I've been offered an english hikvision DS-2CD2132 (same as in the video) or an english Hikvision DS-2CD2112. The guy selling them is an expert and he thinks the DS-2CD2112 will be better at night time which is what I need. What do you think?

Here is a picture of the area at night time. My car would be across the road in place of the van. I'm going to go with a wide angle shot rather than a zoomed shot so I can get more potential parking spaces in the shot and cover our driveway.

277015_1.jpg

If you go with a wide angle you will not be able to identify anyone. The 1.3mp will be better at night though.

Go with the motorized varifocal so you can zoom into just the area you need covered.

If you go with a wide angle you will not be able to identify anyone. The 1.3mp will be better at night though.

Go with the motorized varifocal so you can zoom into just the area you need covered.

I dont think the link to this motorized varifocal worked before can you link it to me again please. Can you recommend an NVR with harddrive built in so I dont need a computer.

thanks

I dont think the link to this motorized varifocal worked before can you link it to me again please. Can you recommend an NVR with harddrive built in so I dont need a computer.

thanks

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-Original-Dahua-IPC-HDBW4300R-Z-1080P-gun-waterproof-network-camera-3MP-IR-ip-camera-cctv/32327314062.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.2.H4efKw&ws_ab_test=201407_5,201444_6,201409_2

or

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2015-Original-Dahua-IPC-HFW4300R-Z-1080P-gun-waterproof-network-camera-3MP-IR-ip-camera-cctv/638300_32327131317.html

get the NVR from dahua, in my post above...dont mix cams and NVR..get the same brand.

Edited by Guest

I would look at dahua and not hikvision if your in the UK

You will waste your money if you buy hikvision other that a UK supplier

Thank Tom. So basically can you recommend me a Dahua camera and NVR (with onboard storage) for what I need based on the photo above and details mentioned. I'm really anxious to order something this weekend because my car is back from getting resprayed in the next few days.

thanks

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-Original-Dahua-IPC-HDBW4300R-Z-1080P-gun-waterproof-network-camera-3MP-IR-ip-camera-cctv/32327314062.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.2.H4efKw&ws_ab_test=201407_5,201444_6,201409_2

or

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2015-Original-Dahua-IPC-HFW4300R-Z-1080P-gun-waterproof-network-camera-3MP-IR-ip-camera-cctv/638300_32327131317.html

get the NVR from dahua, in my post above...dont mix cams and NVR..get the same brand.

Which would you go for Boogie in my position bullet or dome? Does that NVR you mentioned have onboard storage so I can use it alongside the camera with no PC?

That is what the NVR is..you need to add the hard drive...

The dome many only be 2 axis and therefore cannot be wall mounted unless you use a wall mount, im not sure. They dont specify.

The dome many only be 2 axis and therefore cannot be wall mounted unless you use a wall mount, im not sure. They dont specify.

Ok so I can add my own HD.. thats great I have a spare 1TB sata in the house. I think I'll go for the bullet. I dont have to worry about firmware issues with these Dahua products from aliexpress do I?

Ok so I can add my own HD.. thats great I have a spare 1TB sata in the house. I think I'll go for the bullet. I dont have to worry about firmware issues with these Dahua products from aliexpress do I?

No issues with firmware...though if you ever want to upgrade you will have to find the newerst firmware as dahua does not publish it.....if it works out of the box when you get it, you wont need to upgrade anyway...dahua firmware is pretty easy to find anyway.....you will have a much harder time getting firmware for a no name cheap nvr, if it is even available...

Hi. Yes you will have problems if buy from aliexpress ...... No updates or free cloud service .

Hi. Yes you will have problems if buy from aliexpress ...... No updates or free cloud service .

Where can I buy this cam and nvr in Europe? I'm in Ireland

Hi. You have one of the biggest distributors in Ireland ... Called RF concepts .... You will get good warranty and backup from them

Hi. You have one of the biggest distributors in Ireland ... Called RF concepts .... You will get good warranty and backup from them

Hi RF concepts dont appear to do the Dahua brand?

Buying Dahua from the registered UK suppliers is almost as expensive as buying Hikvision.. Does anybody have a recommended seller for Dahua in Europe that sell at a good price? The AliExpress prices are reasonable but the UK dealer prices are very high.

Do I really need updates and free cloud service? I really just want the thing to work and record to the NVR and just leave it be I dont think I'll update anything if it works from the beginning..

Do I really need updates and free cloud service? I really just want the thing to work and record to the NVR and just leave it be I dont think I'll update anything if it works from the beginning..

What if you buy with no support or warranty or buy China imports with wrong software .........

And dahua are cheap in the UK much cheaper than Amazon and the likes