Subhakar

Technical Help Requested for installing AHD's for above 800M

Here i am attaching the LAYOUT of an Gated Colony. They want to install the Analog HD CCTV across the colony. The Max Distance and Minimum distance from CCTV to DVR HUB is 850MTRS to 120Mtrs.

So, As Iam new to this large Project, Please Suggest me for my Queries,

1.Which type of cable to be used for this Larger Distances?

2.Company People are suggesting different solutions but i have doubt on that.

Hikvision : Cable u can use for such long distance is RG 59 for up to 400 meters beyond that use balloons for connectivity at every 50 meters.

ADI : USE fiber Optics for above 500Mtrs and install Video encoders.

3.What About the Power to cctv(I want to run one 220V power cable along 800mtrs from that i want to loop the power for each CCTV to 12V by installing adapter near to CCTV )?

Please Suggest me the Best Solutions and Alternative Options for cost effective

layout.jpg.86176aa2ecc3f5c249347eb6d923a0f0.jpg

If you wanted to avoid the costs of fiber it would require a few distribution amplifiers for those longer runs, but fiber is a great solution too. As for power, it sounds like you have the right idea to spread it out around the area.

Thanks for your suggestion@ Ssnapier.

But, For how much distance can i install the Distribution Amplifiers/Video Balloons? Which cable should i use to use to avoid costs, is RG59 is Sufficient?

For Fiber Optics, which type is the best suitable for CCTV(like Core/Mode)?

AHD is invented by NextChip.com. 800 meter is quite challenging. You better get some advices from nextchip, before launching the project.

14.000 m for power run of 240v not a good idea at all ...... Camera option is also not a good option

It would be best if you say your location ...... You will have different regulations in other parts of the world

But just in cost alone with your power run you are going to find going IP and wireless network will be a lot cheaper

How about running active baluns?

I've not tried them yet but the specs can go up to 1km or even more. NVT is a established brand that you can try.

Key issue is the cabling distance. High Frequency Components of HD Video Content gets mostly affected/deteriorated as the cabling becomes longer. That results in Video Loss (Failure to Capture Video) or Softened Video(bad contrast, poor video quality). And Electric Power of DC (direct current) for cameras can not go that far. Balun is just re-shaping up high frequency band. Do not place much of expectation on Baluns. Cable quality should come as first priority.

Subhakar, the success of this project seems to be very crucial for the engineering groups who invented methods of transmitting HD video contents in a conventional amplitude modulation, that is, HD-CVI (Daihua), HD-TVI (Hikvision, Techpoint, and others), and HD-AHD (Nextchip.com). As you go for HD-AHD, you better ask some tech supports or guide lines from Nextchip.com. Finally you may please post the status or success story of this project that many forum members are to appreciate.

Here i am attaching the LAYOUT of an Gated Colony. They want to install the Analog HD CCTV across the colony. The Max Distance and Minimum distance from CCTV to DVR HUB is 850MTRS to 120Mtrs.

So, As Iam new to this large Project, Please Suggest me for my Queries,

What you are looking at is very similar to one of the City Safe Projects.

As you can see from the linked article they went fibre for their project and use 1080P IP cameras and not Analogue.

If you have a city nearby where they have done a project like this, then see if the project manager will let you buy him/her lunch and ask lots of questions.

Have you spoken with your local Police? Will they be given remote access to assist in their response to a crime/emergency? Are there existing local systems which your system may be asked to integrate with?

In relation to Power why cant you piggy back in on the existing power infrastructure of the estate? I assume you have street lights. As someone already pointed out the circuit length you are proposing is way too long for 220V

Someone already pointed out that you could use wireless IP and assuming you could piggy back in locally to power that would save you a whole lot of cabling.

Have you considered a fibre to the node solution, where you run fibre to nodes near a group of cameras and Cat6/wireless from there?