Sign in to follow this  
camtechie

Need Help on CCTV Camera with very short working distance

I am looking for a CCTV Camera to record video from 3 to 5 feet working distance. Object Length is 80 feet and Height is 30 feet.

Is there any Outdoor(Day and Night) CCTV Camera which can capture above requirement? Fish Eye is also fine. If single camera can't do it, is it possible to capture it with 2 or 3 cameras?

Thanks.

I am looking for a CCTV Camera to record video from 3 to 5 feet working distance. Object Length is 80 feet and Height is 30 feet.

Is there any Outdoor(Day and Night) CCTV Camera which can capture above requirement? Fish Eye is also fine. If single camera can't do it, is it possible to capture it with 2 or 3 cameras?

Thanks.

What is the "object"?

Do you want to monitor the object itself or the space next to it?

What are your resolution requirements? Do you need identification quality footage or just detection quality?

I'm assuming the "object" is next to a wall or similar, any reason you cant use camera's at each end of the long axis of the "object"?

Is there any existing lighting?

Is there an existing CCTV system the camera has to integrate with?

Object is Vehicle(Large Truck) and I want Complete Side View of the Vehicle including all the Wheels. I want Complete Object, Space next to object is not required. It is Toll Gate application. Lighting is not an issue, I can provide whatever lighting it requires. We don't need to integrate with existing system. Any solution is fine. Resolution is not an issue, Any resolution is fine.

Thanks.

Object is Vehicle(Large Truck) and I want Complete Side View of the Vehicle including all the Wheels.

What purpose does that achieve for you? I'm struggling to see why you would need a complete view of the side of the truck yet have no resolution requirements. For toll gate applications people are generally more concerned with the identity of the driver and the number plate fitted to the vehicle.

I want to calculate Length, Height of the vehicle and Wheel Count of the Vehicle from Captured Video(Image). Only way to get Wheel Count is from Side View of the Truck Image. So, Reasonable resolution is fine.

I want to calculate Length, Height of the vehicle and Wheel Count of the Vehicle from Captured Video(Image). Only way to get Wheel Count is from Side View of the Truck Image. So, Reasonable resolution is fine.

The biggest issue I see with what you are trying to achieve is the angles at such a small distance from the target. Even if you use a 180 degree fisheye lens you will be looking down the sides of the truck at the edges of the image, and that may prevent you getting a clear view of the wheels, the spherical aberration will also make it difficult to gauge how long the truck is.

A camera placed at another point in the toll plaza that captures the side of the truck from further away may achieve what you are after.

I also wonder why you need to do this with CCTV. There are plenty of automatic systems that will count axles and determine vehicle length for toll systems.

The biggest issue I see with what you are trying to achieve is the angles at such a small distance from the target. Even if you use a 180 degree fisheye lens you will be looking down the sides of the truck at the edges of the image, and that may prevent you getting a clear view of the wheels, the spherical aberration will also make it difficult to gauge how long the truck is.

A camera placed at another point in the toll plaza that captures the side of the truck from further away may achieve what you are after.

I also wonder why you need to do this with CCTV. There are plenty of automatic systems that will count axles and determine vehicle length for toll systems.

Thanks for the suggestion. We thought of placing the Camera at different points. But, in our case Traffic is very crowded and other vehicles will obstruct the view. We want to eliminate the Loop base automatic counters and planning to move Camera based counters.

-Thanks.