Sign in to follow this  
767heavy

What the difference between these 2 types of cameras?

The turret has better slightly night vision and is more resistant to spiders causing refection issues. It is also less susceptible to IR reflection from improper mounting.

The dome is slightly more vandal resistant and is available in with sd card and alarm/audio in out..the turret is not.

If you plan on wall mounting the dome you must get the Model with an F in the name so that its 3 axis adjustable or you will need a special wall mount.

I plan on mounting it outdoors under the eaves of the house. it will be out of reach, so no need to worry about vandals. would you go with the turret or bullet camera?

I plan on mounting it outdoors under the eaves of the house. it will be out of reach, so no need to worry about vandals. would you go with the turret or bullet camera?

If you dont need the extra functions available on the dome, the turret is the best choice. Note there are new 2mp and 4mp versions of both models that have better night vision performance over the 3mp units.

If you dont need the extra functions available on the dome, the turret is the best choice. Note there are new 2mp and 4mp versions of both models that have better night vision performance over the 3mp units.

Absolutely, you need to explain the reason why the night performance of 4MP should be better than that of 3MP's. If not, I may believe that you live on commissions from 4 MP.

Absolutely, you need to explain the reason why the night performance of 4MP should be better than that of 3MP's. If not, I may believe that you live on commissions from 4 MP.

Stop attacking my posts. The moderator has warned you. I dont need to explain anything to you. You are a china scammer who claims 960h is as good as 4mp - pathetic, we have youtube we can see the difference. I also recommended the 2mp. So explain why I did that? If the OP wants an explanation he can ask me. I have seen images from both and the new 2mp AND the new 4mp are better. So who should the OP trust, a china scammer who promotes D1 analog junk cameras that his junk company sells or someone who has seen images and INSTALLED 2mp, 3mp and 4mp hikvisions?

which of the hikvision would you recommend? I need one for my driveway about 80-100 ft and one over looking the street about 200 - 300 ft (I know the night vision will not be good for this one). I could also use for the end of the driveway for about 20 ft, but would like something small and not noticeable.

by the way thanks for all you help.

which of the hikvision would you recommend? I need one for my driveway about 80-100 ft and one over looking the street about 200 - 300 ft (I know the night vision will not be good for this one). I could also use for the end of the driveway for about 20 ft, but would like something small and not noticeable.

Look at the 2mp or 4mp WDR cameras

http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/products_159.html

200 feet? forget about it..you will need a serious ptz if you want anything usable at that distance.

200 feet? forget about it..you will need a serious ptz if you want anything usable at that distance.

You are kindly advised not to promote 4MP or Hikvision's Counterfeits.

You are kindly advised not to promote 4MP or Hikvision's Counterfeits.

Again, the Moderator has asked you to stop attacking my posts. Please follow the forum rules. Nowhere did I promote a counterfeit in this thread. STOP MAKING STUFF UP. You are nothing but a chinese SCAMMER. You have not seen the new 2mp or new 4mp cameras so dont comment on something you know nothing about! Its pretty evident that you simply dont understand ip camera technology. Sad.

Now go learn something about technology. You should apologize to all the users you lied to. In that link you can see CLEAR evidence of the improvement. Those images are taken in pitch black. The image will be even better with a little light. What kind of lie are you going to make up now you china scammer. You are kindly advised to stop promoting the junk D1 analog cameras your company sells. Only an idiot would install analog in 2015.

I learned in other threads you are associated "iptalk". Nowhere to hide. The pictures you showed are not convincing at all. Both are bad even with WDR==OFF, and NR===ON. There seem no ways to justify for the MONEY: Analog CCD cameras seem to do a lot better, please test and you will find. Please stop promoting 4MPs and bashing 3MPs.

I learned in other threads you are associated "iptalk". Nowhere to hide. The pictures you showed are not convincing at all. Both are bad even with WDR==OFF, and NR===ON. There seem no ways to justify for the MONEY: Analog CCD cameras seem to do a lot better, please test and you will find. Please stop promoting 4MPs and bashing 3MPs.

As per the moderators instructions to you, please stop directly attacking every post i make.

My association with ip cam talk is irrelevant. Why are you trying to change the subject. Your association with a junk camera maker that you promote is VERY relevant.

You said 4mp is not better than 3. I showed that it is. The question was not whether 4mp is worth the money (it is). They issue was whether 4mp can produce a better image than 3mp. IT CAN. I showed you evidence. STOP LYING. You are a china scammer. The 1080p camera is even better. It has excellent night vision. 720p even better night vision. The only people installing analog are suckers who get swindled by you. Its 2015. STOP PROMOTING JUNK. Analog is not better at night because the ENTIRE image is a blur. You have not shown ONE good analog capture outdoors in pitch black. Analog images are useless since they are so blurry you need a zoom lens that covers very little are to get a half decent shot. I challenge you to show us a good analog capture with one of your 30 dollar junk analog cameras. ONE. You cant. I will keep challenging you anywhere and everywhere you lie. Those 4mp shots are better than ANY one of your companies junk analog shots. Until you post a video of YOUR companies junk cameras showing a better image I call you the liar that you are.

If you can show me your junk 30 dollar cameras night vision outside in pitch dark (on grass with very little IR reflective surface is in those images) with no added IR is better than this 4mp camera I will paypal 1000 dollars directly to you. YOU CANT. You are simply full of it.

You have lied twice in this thread alone. First you claimed that 4mp is not better in low light. I have shown that it is.

Second, you claimed that I recommended counterfeit cameras in this thread which I did not. SHAME ON YOU.

You also completely missed the point of my comment. The 2mp and 4mp are better than the 3. The 2mp is cheaper than the 3mp...The users already wanted HD cameras and is not interested in your companies analog blurry fuzzy low resolution, low build quality, junk.

Here is the 4mp with some decent lighting...beautiful

You cannot lie to us Americans anymore. We have youtube, yay.

With the EXIR Turret , does the led light stay on at night and is it very noticeable?

yes its on at night - you can turn it off but you wont get any ir light..its not very noticeable but if you look at the camera you will see it.

I think a little bit of perspective needs to brought to this analogue Vs IP discussion. To start with we will dismiss D1 & 960H because they are redundant. Lets confine ourselves to IP & analogue HD (cvi/tvi). Start at the image sensor - there is no difference between the two. At the moment higher def image sensors are used for IP simply because the higher resolution can be transported. After all IP (internet protocol) is simply a signal transportation method. Its big advantage is that the signal can be manipulated via software. Tvi/cvi on the other hand is similarly a signal transportation method using 32/64 bit QAM. As (if) the technology is developed then the higher resolution sensors will be able to be taken advantage of. Really it is a mistake to call tvi/cvi an analogue signal because it is in fact a digital signal but not in accordance to the internet protocol.

The difference between 3Mp & 5Mp is really irrelevant because you would barely notice the difference on the monitor. Where it really matters is with the image processing software. With more pixels comes more information and that information can be extracted via software if it is good enough (the old CSI zoom & enhance)

For the average end user there is not much to differentiate between the two other than price. The utube video shown by Boogieman is nice and crisp but it is still only "observational" quality so in the end the difference between HD analogue and IP will be crisp unuseable video or slightly hazzy unuseable video.

I think a little bit of perspective needs to brought to this analogue Vs IP discussion. To start with we will dismiss D1 & 960H because they are redundant. Lets confine ourselves to IP & analogue HD (cvi/tvi). Start at the image sensor - there is no difference between the two. At the moment higher def image sensors are used for IP simply because the higher resolution can be transported. After all IP (internet protocol) is simply a signal transportation method. Its big advantage is that the signal can be manipulated via software. Tvi/cvi on the other hand is similarly a signal transportation method using 32/64 bit QAM. As (if) the technology is developed then the higher resolution sensors will be able to be taken advantage of. Really it is a mistake to call tvi/cvi an analogue signal because it is in fact a digital signal but not in accordance to the internet protocol.

The difference between 3Mp & 5Mp is really irrelevant because you would barely notice the difference on the monitor. Where it really matters is with the image processing software. With more pixels comes more information and that information can be extracted via software if it is good enough (the old CSI zoom & enhance)

For the average end user there is not much to differentiate between the two other than price. The utube video shown by Boogieman is nice and crisp but it is still only "observational" quality so in the end the difference between HD analogue and IP will be crisp unuseable video or slightly hazzy unuseable video.

The point of the images and video was to show that on the hikvision the 4mp low light has improved over the 3mp. That is why I wrote that the new 2mp OR 4mp are a good choice and better than the 3mp units. The 2mp WDR units will be even better than the 4mp, both surpassing the old 3mp cameras in low light performance.

The point of the video and photos was not to critique that particular installation. It was simply to prove that the night vision on the 4mp is in fact improved over the 3mp cams.

The issue is that sunny advocates low res D1 video which is insane in 2015.

Also note that on the hikvison while going from 2mp to 3mp results in very little increase in pixels per inch because much of the increased resolution goes to add vertical fov, on the 4mp its not the case. There is additional clarity that can be observed. The fact that the cams are watched on 1080p monitors is irrelevant, the extra pixels are helpful when you need to zoom in on recorded video.

IP is easy and clean, with poe and not having to homerun all the cable, though ip vs analog is not the debate here.

That is why I wrote that the new 2mp OR 4mp are a good choice and better than the 3mp units.

The only downside I have seen in relation to the the new 4MP series is the lack of a factory fitted 12mm lens option.

That is why I wrote that the new 2mp OR 4mp are a good choice and better than the 3mp units.

The only downside I have seen in relation to the the new 4MP series is the lack of a factory fitted 12mm lens option.

True...if you really need it you can swap it yourself..there are models with the 12mm and 16mm options like this

http://overseas.hikvision.com//uploadfile/image/20150705062249090.PDF

True...if you really need it you can swap it yourself..there are models with the 12mm and 16mm options like this

http://overseas.hikvision.com//uploadfile/image/20150705062249090.PDF

I was just looking at that one on the website, and whilst the specs and price are excellent, I like, and more to the point the minister for finance likes, the aesthetics of the 2342 turret.

I thought about the option of getting a 12mm M12 lens and doing the swap myself but I wonder if the reason there isn't a 12mm lens available is the lack of room in the turret with the new sensor.