fabzster

Hikvision Camera's not connecting to NVR after Firmware upd

Hi

My Setup was working and I decided to upgrade the firmware on the NVR and the Cameras,

I have indicated below what the original firmware under Original Setup and the upgraded firmware under Current Setup.

I now have 3 cameras that will not connect to the NVR indicated by (x) after I upgraded the firmware.

I have connected the one camera directly to my PC and it is functioning correctly, I defaulted the settings and tried to connect it to the NVR again, but it will still not detect it

Original Setup

DS-7616NI-E2/8P Firmware: V3.3.2 build 150522

DS-2CD2132-I Firmware: V5.1.6 build 140612

DS-2CD2112F-I Firmware: V5.2.0 build 140721

DS-2CD2032F-I Firmware: V5.3.0 build 150513

Current Setup:

DS-7616NI-E2/8P Firmware: V3.3.4 build 150616

DS-2CD2132-I Firmware: V5.3.0 build 150814

DS-2CD2112F-I Firmware: V5.3.0 build 150814 (x)

DS-2CD2032F-I Firmware: V5.3.0 build 150814 (x)

DS-2CD2032F-I Firmware: V5.3.0 build 150814 (x)

DS-2CD2032F-I Firmware: V5.3.0 build 150814

Please can you assist?

Hi there

It seems like compatibility issues or a unstable firmware on both sides NVR and Cam, try getting compatible/stable build date versions of the firmware or try updating the firmware again.

there is a saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" I think this should of applied here

Regards

There are issues with Chinese region cam and NVR firmware upgrades that can prevent an NVR from connecting to the cams or prevent the cams from booting up.

Here are a few checks:

- Verify the SNs of each cam. Any with CCCH in the SN is a Chinese region cam, and can't be upgraded to western region firmware without jumping through hoops. These usually come with hacked firmware initially, and often the version on the cam doesn't match the version on the label or box.

- Any cams with CCWR in the SN are western region, and can be updated with Hik firmware from the web sites.

- Check to see if you can still connect to all the cams by browser. Some failed upgrades cause a constant reboot loop, and those cams won't be accessible if this has happened.

- Chinese region NVRs with newer firmware will only connect to Chinese region cams, I believe, but I don't have much experience with these. I'm sure this can be hacked as well.

There are some pinned posts at the top of the forum that address some of these issues, but it's a complicated area that's not always easy to fix.

Good morning from Venezuela.

I hope you can help me, I have installed a NVR Hikvision DS-9632NI-ST with IP cameras DS-2cd2032-i are being perfectly, recently acquired more camera supposedly the same model but have a DS-2cd2032F-i variation when make the connection of new cameras to the NVR does not recognize and assign an IP that is out of range, we put the IP in the range of those that are installed and still does not recognize

I hope you can help

As part of Hikvision's continued and constantly changing methods to deal with their Gray Market issues.

The last firmware version which was released for Hikvision NVR/DVR's now includes checking the Region Code ("Langauge(s)") that Hikvision IP Camera was intended to support against that Hikvision's IP Cameras Serial Number. If that check fails now? The Hikvision NVR/DVR will not connect to that Hikvision IP Camera due to a "Language Mismatch".

It's important to note that a similar new firmware version is going to be released for Hikvision IP Cameras. Sometime this month, that will do the same when a Hikvision IP Camera is looking at any Hikvision NVR/DVR they will try to connect with. Upfront and first.

I know this because I develop 3rd Party applications that interface to Hikvision devices and have access to pre-released firmware versions prior to those firmware releases being released to the general public.

Additionally. Many others also, are now posting in IP Camera forums about these same issues.

It's also important to note that Hikvision is also implementing the new checks for their applications such as Ezviz, iVMS and others. Some of which new versions may already include these similar checks and others will soon have new releases that do. If they don't now.

Don