Sign in to follow this  
narsing

2 story installation help!

i appreciate any input, that's gonna be a great help for me

i want to install 6 cameras on my house and its a two story. location will be as follows. 1- inside the garage, 1- above the garage door(outside), 1- front door(outside) , 1- side of the house (outside) , 1-back patio(outside). and 1-inside the house(above the front door). all the cameras are suited below the 2nd floor, the dvr is by the family room far back first floor near the patio.

what is the best way to run cables for this? run around the house with conduit?

thank you in advance

Do you have a tiny hole or gap where cables can be easily run between the roof and wall? If not, you will have to drill holes for the cables.

i appreciate any input, that's gonna be a great help for me

i want to install 6 cameras on my house and its a two story. location will be as follows. 1- inside the garage, 1- above the garage door(outside), 1- front door(outside) , 1- side of the house (outside) , 1-back patio(outside). and 1-inside the house(above the front door). all the cameras are suited below the 2nd floor, the dvr is by the family room far back first floor near the patio.

what is the best way to run cables for this? run around the house with conduit?

thank you in advance

How is your house constructed?

Cavity Brick, Double Brick, Brick veneer, ICF, Benex, Hebel Power Panel, Straw bale, Stick and Weatherboard?

Slab on grade or do you have access to underneath the house? Do you have a basement?

Insulation in the walls and between the floors?

Does the DVR/NVR have to be in it's current location?

Is this an analogue or IP setup?

How handy are you? Have you ever pulled cable before? Can you patch and paint an internal gyprock wall?

Would you prefer the cables be hidden?

It is all very well asking for advice from the forum but saying "I have a house and it's two storey" does not tell us much.