Sign in to follow this  
Sasquatch

Hikvision DS-7604NI-E1/4P Driving me NUTS!!!!

I had a modem go bad the other day and ATT sent me another one to replace it. I had their router set up as a bridge and used my router to send out wireless and use the ethernet ports. I had no issues with it.

With this new router nothing works...When I add a device it tells me that the IP address is incorrect,but I have doubled checked numerous times the IP address of what the NVR is. I have forwarded ports,etc. I'm not usre if there is something I'm missing or not.It's been so long,I may have missed something. I set it up as IP/domain under device management under the NVR.

I also set up a Hikvsison DDNS last time.

The supplied modem/router is 192.168.1.xxx and I have MY router set up as 192.168.0.xxx and it worked fine with the old modem/router.

Let me know if you need more info. I'm about to throw it out the window.

HELP!

Thanks for the reply. It helped alot.

Since the NVR is saying the IP is wrong when it isn't is WHY this thread is called what it's called. Since all my other things work properly with the new Modem and the NVR doesn't...hmmmmmm.

I wonder why you would call this thread "Hikvision DS-7604NI-E1/4P Driving me NUTS!!!!", when your problem has nothing to do with your Hikvision NVR...

Since the NVR is saying the IP is wrong when it isn't is WHY this thread is called what it's called. Since all my other things work properly with the new Modem and the NVR doesn't...hmmmmmm.

Oh, ok, so you have a new router, are unable to do some basic network config, but it is your NVRs fault.

If the NVR gives you an error, maybe you should have stated it on your original post, unless you want people to think that the router is giving that error ("With this new router nothing works...When I add a device it tells me that the IP address is incorrect").

By the way, a modem and a router are two different things. I do guess that what you have (and had) is a router.

http://whatismyipaddress.com/router-modem

Good luck.

Once again,thanks for the help. Yeah,I can't do basic networking setup but I have ALL of my other stuff working. Thats Funny. Just don't reply with your rants unless you have something informative to say.

Oh, ok, so you have a new router, are unable to do some basic network config, but it is your NVRs fault.

If the NVR gives you an error, maybe you should have stated it on your original post, unless you want people to think that the router is giving that error ("With this new router nothing works...When I add a device it tells me that the IP address is incorrect").

By the way, a modem and a router are two different things. I do guess that what you have (and had) is a router.

http://whatismyipaddress.com/router-modem

Good luck.

You said you have a new router, therefore I know exactly what's the problem.

You have probably wisely pre-configured your HiKVision NVR to use a static IP address which is what everyone would do in order to ensure that the private IP address never changes along with port forwarding to that specific IP address.

Lets assume, your NVR is set to use the IP address: 192.168.1.77 because you had a Linksys router before, but now you got yourself, lets say, a Belkin router and now the default gateway of that router is 192.168.2.1 and have reconfigured all of your networking devices and are probably able to see your networking function in the external except your NVR. IF this is the problem, the solution would be to modify the NVR's IP address to 192.168.2.77 and Default gateway from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.2.1 and then set port forwarding appropriately to 192.168.2.77 Thats assuming this is the problem, this is only a solution to a hypothetical problem I am assuming you may be having.

In order to find out what IP address your new router's DHCP server is assigning your computer now, press the WINDOWS KEY + R to open up the run box and there type CMD and then press enter. On the DOS Command Prompt type IPCONFIG and then press enter. You may have to scroll up if a long return is printed on the screen, but you are going to concentrate on either the Wireless LAN or Ethernet Adapter and see for something that looks familiar to this:

192.168.1.77 (my example of the IP address dynamically assigned by my Linksys WRT1900AC router to my Laptop)

255.255.255.0 (My example of my own subnet mask, this is usually this value for most routers, so probably your is the same)

192.168.1.1 (My example of the Default Gateway my router came set by default, can be changed, but usually there is no compelling reason to do so. Most Linksys routers uses this default gateway, most Belkin routers uses 192.168.2.1 as their default gateway and some others uses 192.168.0.1 by default, etc).

Once you verify what IP address was dynamically assigned to your laptop/PC from your new router you will compare if the IP address statically assigned by you on your NVR matches your router's default gateway and assignable IP address for the gateway's range (example: for default gateway of 192.168.1.1 device can be assigned 192.168.1.2 through 192.168.1.254, typically I like to assign the device a static IP address that is outside my router's DHCP pool, for a linksys that is 192.168.1.99 or less while leaving 192.168.1.100 and up for DHCP blocks of IP addresses to be assigned by the router to other networking devices like laptops and PC's dynamically in order to eliminate the possibility of having an IP address conflict).

Verify that you dont have any typos in the IP address configuration page of your NVR: For example, you meant to assign "192.168.1.88" but instead typed "192.169.1.88" (note the "9" instead of the "8" common error) or you assigned "192.168.1.88" while leaving "192.168.2.1" as the gateway. Typically some NVR's and DVR's would give out errors for such errors, but that is not something I can guarantee so its worth to check them out.

Great! Once all that is done, do the following:

For the IP address that you have your NVR statically assigned (using 192.168.1.88 as an example) and the server port (using 17700 as an example) and the HTTP port (using 16600 as an example) you will go to your router's gateway configuration page and create a port forwarding rule for these ports, additionally I would add the 192.168.1.88 IP address to the DMZ zone, specially if you are still having trouble after adding all of the ports.

Now, check if you can see the cameras on your phone while having your smartphone NOT connected to your wireless network, turn off WiFi on your phone and make sure the phone is connected to your 3G/4G network, browse a test page just to confirm your phone has internet access and now try to access your NVR through your NVR's APP through your smartphone to see if it connects and you are able to see videos.

If it fails, on your laptop/PC go to "whatismyipaddress.com" this will tell you what is your ISP's assigned public IP address to you, go back to your smartphone and modify your device list to make sure that it is reading the same IP address (example: 24.44.77.52:17700 using the 'SERVER PORT') make sure your credentials is properly set (user name and password of the NVR), if that fails modify the device this time using the "HTTP" port instead of the "SERVER" port (example: 24.44.77.52:16600).

If that fails, connect your smartphone back to your HOME's wireless network and create a new device on your smartphone, this time connecting locally using your device's LAN's IP address (example: 192.168.1.88:17700, or 192.168.1.88:16600 if you are supposed to use the HTTP port instead of the SERVER port), then type your user name and password and try to connect, it is does connect this time is because there is a blockage somewhere between the private network and the public network in regards to allowing you, the external to your home's network user, to connect to your NVR, in that case, I would log in back to the router via the browser's configuration page, and check the status of the router to see what IP address its getting from the new cable modem your ISP sent you, if the IP address you are getting from the cable modem starts with 192.168.100.xxx or 192.168.xxx.xxx or 10.0.0.xxx, 10.xxx.xxx.xxx or 172.16.000.000 - 172.32.xxx.xxx then your cablemodem is double NATting you, you are using two private IP gateways, if that is the case then log in to your cable modem's gateway page to put your cable modem into bridged mode, that way your router should be getting an actual real public IP address from your ISP and your router should be the only NAT device on your home's network.

If all fails after making sure that your router is getting an actual public IP address from your ISP and that the cablemodem is plugged into the right ethernet port in the back of your router (port labeled INTERNET/WAN) then perform the following:

Scrape everything and start all over again, feel free to reset your NVR back to factury settings if you like, go to your router's gateway configuration page and change your router's Default Gateway to: 10.111.1.1 and DHCP's starting pool and ending pool to 10.111.1.100 ~ 10.111.1.150 (if you have more than 50 networking devices then up it to 10.111.1.254 or up to the number of devices you have) and save the settings, your router will reboot, wait like 60 seconds.

Next, disconnect and reconnect to your wireless network in order for your PC to be assigned a new IP address from the new default gateway you just configured. Verify your laptop/PC is getting thew new IP address and that its not still stuck at the old gateway by pressing WINDOWS KEY+R, typing CMD then press enter and then typing IPCONFIG then enter to see the actual IP address you are getting assigned, if you see the old IP address then type IPCONFIG /RELEASE then press enter and then type IPCONFIG /RENEW and wait a few seconds, now you should get a new IP address from the new default gateway you assigned your router.

next, go to the NVR and assign it:

10.111.1.88 as its IP address

255.255.255.0 as its subnet maks

10.111.1.1 as the Gateway

For DNS use:

IF your DVR requires typing in a DNS.

Next, assign port 17700 as the SERVER port

then, assign port 16600 as the HTTP port

next, assign port 15500 as the Media port (if applicable)

14400 for FUNCTION1 port

13300 for FUNCTION2 port

12200 for FUNCTION 3 port

where there functions happens to be what ever its labeled on your NVR's networking configuration screen. Then save your changes. Double check the user and password on your NVR, if need be, erase the old user and create a new user with a new password and grant this user permission to connect and see the cameras.

Next, go to your router's gateway configuration page and add these new ports and forward them to the IP address: 10.111.1.88. Optionally you can also add 10.111.1.88 to the DMZ.

Now, go back to whatismyipaddress.com to confirm your ISP public IP address and write it down and see if you are now able to connect using your smartphone using your public IP address and server port, try the HTTP port if the server port fails.

IF it still fails, install your NVR's remote software to your laptop then add your NVR's credentials to it and connect it using the NVR's Private IP address of 10.111.1.88 and server's port and it should connect while leaving the laptop still connected to your home's wireless network. Now modify the server this time taking out the private IP address of 10.111.1.88 and replacing it with your external public IP address and see if you can connect to your NVR this time. If it does connect now disconnect your laptop from your home's wireless router and connect it to any open hotspot that have an active internet connection or to your smartphone with WiFi tethering enabled in order to simulate that you are away from your home's network and see if the remove problem connects to your NVR's. If it does, then attempt to connect once again using your smart phone's app, if it fails then make sure you are using the correct version and software for your NVR, go to your NVR's manufacturer's website to find out what they call their smartphone app for your particular smartphone platform (Android/iPhone) and then search for this name on their respective app stores (Google Play for Android or the Apple Store for iPhones), install it and try again, this time it should work.

//Edit to add:

In case if its still not working, but ITS WORKING only when you connect to it locally and directly to 10.111.1.88 then change ports, some ISP block ports to if the port 17700 as Server is not working out for you, try a different port such as 27700 or 37700 or even a lower port such as 8800 or 9900 and be sure to edit the port forwarding rule appropriately on your router's gateway configuration.