cctv96

HD-TVI low resolution images

Hello folks,

I hope someone can help me with an issue im having with a camera set up please.

Ive replaced an old analogue system with an Avtech AVT204 HD-TVI dvr and 2 Avtech DG1004 cameras (I think) iv used avtech products before as I like their eagleeyes app, I thought I would get the cameras from the same makers just to ensure everything worked smoothly...

The original 2 cameras which are something like 600TVL basic cameras work brilliantly the 2 new ones that are supposed to be HD are im not sure how to describe it, they look low resolution or blurry. Their both placed indoors with a 3.6mm lens which is im sure what the previous cameras had but like I said they either are blurry or low res or out of focus (fixed lens)

I was wondering if anyone can help me with this issue and if ive done anything wrong please

Things ive tried:-

1, Checked every setting for resolution etc on DVR and camera itself, recording is set to 1080p but even the recording doesnt look good

2, Tried cleaning lenses making sure there isnt a lens cover over the camera

3, Tried a test in the same room with the camera into a good quality short RG59 cable with power plugged next to the camera, new crimped BNC connectors etc

4, Tried premade cable and self made

5, Tried new power supply and tested voltage next to the camera

Thank you for your time

What is the model of your cameras? DG1004 is a recorder model, not a camera model.

Do those cameras have two BNC connecters? Some HDTVI cameras have HDTVI 1080p output, and also analog output. If your cameras have two connectors, you might be using the wrong one. Some cameras also have two wires (or another way) for changing between analog and HDTVI 1080p.

Check for Ground Loop, that's the only thing that I can think off besides the possibility of the cameras being defective. Also try another camera to see how to they look using the same cable.

Make sure that you are powering on the cameras in a central location where the DVR is installed and that you are not powering on the camera from a wall outlet that is located near the camera as that wall outlet's ground may not be common to the wall outlet's ground or may be on a different AC phase where the DVR is plugged in at which will give out video interference issues/ground loops. (using Siamese cables can help you with that as both video and power gets routed together), so power the DVR and all cameras using the same wall outlet, even if you have to use a 6-8 outlet power strip 15A extension.

If you need to go longer than 100 to 150 feet do not use premade cables, instead use RG-59 coaxial cables.

If you need to go longer than 500 feet do not use RG-59 coaxial cables (although it MAY work), instead use RG-6 coaxial cables.

Try another power adapter/distribution box, may not be doing a good job at filtering AC line noise as part of the adapter's job of stepping (or rapidly switching) down to 12V AC and then rectifying to DC (Bad/Poor filtering Capacitor on the Power Adapter).

make sure that the BNC heads aren't touching a nearby metal surface (example, installing a camera on a metal awning that happens to be grounded and then failing to cover the metallic BNC head with black tape before hiding the BNC connector inside the awning supports/other areas. Another example: after running electrical conduits and installing a squared junction box to install the dome camera in top of the junction box, failing to insulate the BNC head that you just hid inside the junction box and letting the BNC head make direct contact with the metalic junction box where at some point the conduit is making contact with any grounded area tied to a different phase = video interference, solution=cover all exposed metallic area pertaining to the camera's cable, BNC heads and any splicing you had to do.

If you have checked everything and you are still experiencing problems, and you did not ran the original cabling, you may have to redo the cabling yourself as the original installer might have done a botched job. If you have to redo the cabling make sure you go with RG-59 Coaxial Siamese.

*** The HD-TVI cameras and DVR's I deal with is of the KT&C brand and never had a problem with and I have done many old fashioned CIF-D1 to HD-TVI conversions successfully and I only had to replace wiring on one location (a church) because the original installer did a terrible job, splicing a cable as short as 100 feet multiple times in different areas (!!) and doing very long runs in excess of 250 feet using a very thing gauged cables (I assume they were as thing as AWG 24) which is no good for powering anything in excess of 50 mA and obviously its terrible for a HD-TVI camera so that one had to go in favor of RG-59 Siamese