Sign in to follow this  
wnix

Hikvision System Arrived (Continued)

Well since my last thread took off like an airplane and got locked while I was away I'll make a new one. =)

The following parts have all arrived:

Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I (4mm) $145

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RL2 ... TE67X5QD13

The seller's comment claims it's retail US version, so support etc.

Hikvision DS-7616NI-E2/8P $380

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XAY ... ge_o00_s00

WD Purple 4TB Surveillence Hard Drive $159

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IMP ... ge_o02_s00

Still waiting for the bracket:

DS-1273ZJ-130-TRL HIKVISION Wall Mount Bracket $35 + $13 ship

And I still need to get some bulk CAT cabling. Need to ask monoprice if their direct burial cable is UV rated.

NVR came with a n-elly's sticker and paperwork. As far as I can tell Nelly's is an unauthorized distributor so I'm not really sure what that will mean for me down the road.

So how can I tell if the camera is a US retail version? Also someone from the last thread stated that I should check Hikvision for cameras since the prices I am paying are "retail" level. I can view the products at Hikvision but can not buy from them as far as I can tell. There are links to their distribution partners, but they also only seem to sell to companies and distributors... :\

EDIT: I've spent the last half hour searching through Hikvision's distributors and browsing the web. I feel like finding an actual authorized retailer that sells their equipment and allows me to buy from them is like finding a needle in a poop pile.

Here's another thing in the last thread someone recommended the new 2/4 MP WD cameras. I looked them up and it seems they have a decently improved night vision. I do like this camera:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-English-Version-IP-Camera-4-0-megapixel-V5-3-3-Multi-Language-IR-Bullet-Camera/32437275263.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.2.DSfV9G&ws_ab_test=201526_2,201527_1_71_72_73_74_75,201409_1

That listing claims original hikvision, full warranty, english version etc etc. But also ali was listed under the non authorized retailers. THE CONFUSION!

For cams you have, check the serial number. If it contains CCCH, it's Chinese; western region cams contain CCWR. There are region hacks to convert the cam, but I don't have any direct experience with them.

For cams you have, check the serial number. If it contains CCCH, it's Chinese; western region cams contain CCWR. There are region hacks to convert the cam, but I don't have any direct experience with them.

Serial No. reads: 532095478CAN ICES-3 (A)/NMB-3(A)

SV: V5.3.0_150513 Made in China

In the process of wiring right now and bench testing the system.

Can anyone recommend a night monitor for viewing? I'm guessing resolution is a key factor to consider for these higher resolution cameras. Want something at least 30 inches or so minimum because I will be viewing from about 6 feet away and will have 4-8 cameras.

get a 32 inch 1080p tv...pay attention to the power consumption numbers if you intend to use it 24/7...

Thank you.

I'm noticing the night vision is just barely acceptable. We have very low passive lighting in the yard. I'm going to get the newer version of this camera and try it. And I may get an extra IR panel.

get a 32 inch 1080p tv...pay attention to the power consumption numbers if you intend to use it 24/7...

Thank you.

I'm noticing the night vision is just barely acceptable. We have very low passive lighting in the yard. I'm going to get the newer version of this camera and try it. And I may get an extra IR panel.

Disable wdr, play with the settings. The best thing to do is add more regular lighting...use low power led bulbs...

Hey if any of you were going to buy a DS-2CD2342WD-I, where would you purchase it from, and why? Shopping around for one. Preferably in the 4mm-12mm range.