Worst DVR ever. Really crappy networking. I would ru from that one if you are planning on network the DVR. We put one in and ended up replacing it after 3 months. Collecting dust in storage now,

Well we are looking for a good middle of the road DVR with networking. Around the price (I know you get what you pay for) of the Speco t16Ip. Mangerment wants something that ADI, Tri-Ed, or any other nation company may carry. We do have a few Speco's in clients locations now and never had a problem. But we are looking to be more main stream with the other alarm/cctv companies in the area.

Any info would be helpful

Worst DVR ever. Really crappy networking. I would ru from that one if you are planning on network the DVR. We put one in and ended up replacing it after 3 months. Collecting dust in storage now,

Sorry about that link intercity. But this ^ pretty much sums it up. Remote access and networking isn't the greatest.

That provideo isnt new, and is useless over the network.

Sanyo over the JVC for sure ..

Id get a GE StoreSafe if you can spend the extra couple $$

Rory

for a home user that doesnt need any features, you could just sell them the AvTech 16 channel ... i havent found any mid range 8 or 16 channel stand alones worth talking about, other than the 4 channel Active-tek model, also sold under the name Nubix-4 from Eclipse. Or you put together a decent PC package and sell those, they will be much less than any high end stand alone //

we will buy camera's from anyone just not DVR's. You guys know how it is.

It's a tough business out there. But I'd rather go ice fishing than install some low-end cameras or DVRs. I think a company must set a quality threshold and explain to the customer why you recommend a higher quality product. This takes a significant amount of effort and many sales people are too lazy or not knowledgeable enough to write a decent proposal. Yes, you'll some loose bids when recommending a GE, Sony, Pana, Sanyo, ICR etc., but in the long run you might be better off. Those 2 mill customers are often high maintenance folks. It's hard to complete when someone quotes a chessey no-brand bullet camera and I quote a Sanyo OnePak. But I know -30 temps are coming... :

The Sanyo 3716/09 Cheetah is a great DVR.

Intellicam???????? LOL

That's a nice one if you don't mind a DVR with no reverse playback, only up to 4x forward speed, and watching video in 15 minute increments. So how much time does one waste looking for an incident, all day? Or does anybody actually use these things?

I demoed the unit online and laughed at them.

I think there was a member who installed the Tiger, but I can't recall who. It uses JPEG2000 (with region of interest) and has more processing power/features compared to the Cheetah. The Sanyos are quality built, which is typical of the Japanese. The service/tech support dept. is also great. I will say I'm not overly crazy about the Sanyo's web browser based GUI. Haven't tried the client based software.

Sorry about the confusion Blowrabbit. I was reffering to the Sanyos, specifically the Tiger, for which Intercity was inquiring. I'll search the forum to see who made a previous post about that unit.