oderus1671

need to find accessories for Avermedia nv5000

hey all, i'm looking to buy an add-on video extension for my nice shiny new nv5000, which i absolutely love,BTW, but i cant find any places online that carry them. went to aver.com and got the model number and put it into google, but it doesnt come up with much. I want to avoid ebay like the plague, i found a couple on there. Is there any good reputable places a guy can get one of these at a good price? (I'm in the process of buying a new home, so every penny counts right now!) hopefully you all have seen these parts in your travels. Thanks in advance!

thanks kandcorp, have you ever tried adding these extension cards before? Just wondering if I need to know anything before purchasing one. Do they come with the nessecary cables? Is it simply "plug and play"?

Very Very simple, I have installed these cards many times. It does not plug into the PC's mainboard just to the NV5000.

Yes, they come with everything. Basically you are going to install the ext. card, plug one cable from the ext to the nv5000 and thats it. Plug and Play.

Boot your system up and the software will recognize the card extension and bring up the additional windows.

Are you going to be adding an additional 4 cameras. There are a few thing you need to know if your only plugging in 3 or less additional cams.

Basically, if you have a total of 6 cameras and 8 open ports. You will plug in the 6 cams in port 1, 2, and 3 on the NV5000 and 1, 2, and 3 on the extension. See diagram below:

Looking at the back of the PC

^ = plugged in camera

0 = open port

^ ^ ^ 0 (NV5000)

^ ^ ^ 0 (Extension Card)

thanks man, your too kind to me! I would've never thought to do that. What happens if you plug 4 into the card and 2 into the extension? I assume the card has issues with framerates when doing this?

Most of the time if you do that the 2 cameras on the extension will not show up at all. And no problem about the help, thats what we are all here for.