tomo_76

Compatible? Hikvision DS-2CD2632F-I camera & Samsung SRN-472

Hello all,

I have a Hikvision DS-2CD2632F-I camera connected to a NVR Samsung SRN-472S when I try to register the camera it says "There is no camera that supports ONVIF protocols"

The Hikvision website says the camera is ONVIF compatible but it doesn't mention ONVIF in the long lost of protocols.

The camera software is V5.1.2.140116

Please can someone advise if i can get these to work together.

Camera does indeed support ONVIF. I would try updating to at least 5.2.0 or 5.2.5 to see if that helps.

If you are using the integrated POE ports on the NVR, I would try to get it working first on the network.

Thanks for the reply. I'm very nervous about updating the camera software as I've heard people say if you do the camera will be bricked and not work again.

i've tried two ways to connect

1st connect cam straight into a POE port

2nd connect via a 8 port switch and power the cam separately.

There are three ways to manually connect on the NVR by choosing what protocol you want.

Samsung, ONVIF and rtsp I know Samsung is for Samsung products only. I pressed ONVIF but it asked for ONVIF port number, I have no idea what the number could be.

Thanks

Scott

I've tried 8000 and still no joy

there was a choice of three streaming modes, TCP, UDP HTTP I tried all three

I've managed to set the camera up on the network by changing the ip address using iVMS 4200 software.

I can log in to the camera settings on the network using the new ip address, but the camera still wont register on the Samsung NVR.

Its still saying "There is no camera that supports ONVIF protocols"

When I try to register manually it still doesn't work. SADP software tells me the camera is port 8000

When I press auto register the camera model number and ip address show up with the MAC & port values blank, there is no way in the auto mode to manually input the MAC & PORT.

I run a connection test and it fails.

i've included a pic

I found out the camera software is V5.2.3 build 141024 and not V5.1.2 like it says on the box.

Thanks

Scott

photo.thumb.JPG.cfdad499c949e1ee762e4ac1ee7965eb.JPG

I'd expect port to be 554 more than 8000. However you could try RTSP main stream:

rtsp://admin:12345@192.168.0.9:554/Streaming/Channels/101?transportmode=unicast&profile=Profile_1

Or

rtsp://admin:12345@192.168.0.9:554/h264/ch1/main/av_stream

Both work for me in VLC.

Hello, I've tried the above and still no success.

The ip adress for my NVR is 192.168.1.200 and my camera is 192.168.0.9 although both are connected to my network the NVR is the only connected device that starts with 192.168.1 everything else starts with 192.168.0 would it help if i changed the NVR ip.

Thanks

Scott

I've used ONVIF Device manager V2.2.250 to determine that the RTSP stream should be.

rtsp://192.168.0.9:554/Streaming/Channels/1?transportmode=unicast&profile=Profile_1

My problem now it that the character & is greyed out and can not be selected. (see photo)

I cant understand why character & cannot be selected. I felt I was finally making progress, now I've got another setback. I think now my camera and NVR are totally incompatible.

photo2.thumb.JPG.0c5db0074b49416a1777689af0dbaf52.JPG

Hello, I've tried the above and still no success.

The ip adress for my NVR is 192.168.1.200 and my camera is 192.168.0.9 although both are connected to my network the NVR is the only connected device that starts with 192.168.1 everything else starts with 192.168.0 would it help if i changed the NVR ip.

Thanks

Scott

yes you must change the NVR ip address so your camera on the same network can communicate with it.

Thanks everyone.

I'm now up and running thanks to the help I've received.

I changed the NVR ip from 192.168.1.200 to 192.168.0.200

Then I used the rtsp stream below.

rtsp://admin:12345@192.168.0.9:554/h264/ch1/main/av_stream

I was just about to give up and sell my NVR, I'm glad I didn't as the Samsung NVR appears to be very good quality, much better than the Sannce NVR and Swann DVR I've had before and disliked.

Thanks again everyone

Scott