CCTV4ME

Milestone Xprotect Enterprise Edition

What are your views on a Milestone Xprotect Enterprise Edition..

1) is it really ideal for large corprate sites?

2)What sites have you seen it in operation?

3)Is it very versitile, and compatible with verious systems?

4)If you rated it out of 10 what would you rate it?

5)are you a systems engineer or operator?

If you could answer these for me that would be wonderful..

Does anyone know what main cctv system heathrow uses ?

This is what I deal with usually

Which IP Cameras/Video Server are you using in conjucntion with the Visual Sentry? Also, what is the maximum channels that you have tried?

Maybe the quickest (accidental) "sharp turn" a thread has ever taken, huh?

Anyway, staying with this new direction for now... I bet it'll be Pixord if not otherwise specified (there's ties there ).

In my opinion, Milestone is the clear market leader and every nework camera manufacturer makes sure to be included in Milestone's lis of supported hardware. Their Enterprise software is extremely scalable and flexible.

In addition to the question above.

Is IP CCTV really suitable for a small retail store? I spoke to milestone sales person and he suggested that I have a minimum of 715 upload speed for 6 cameras to view them remotely with decent streaming. Now a days small store or business owners use basic yahoo DSL that is only 256. To upgrade to more than 715 is an additional $80 per month. I was kind of curious to see with this bandwith demand would a customer prefer going the IP route.

Has anyone used Milestone for about 8 camera installation with remote viewing?

It wouldn't be my first choice. If I was deploying a single camera then I would go that route. If I had to do more then three I would go analog. If I went more then one IP camera then I would use the remote view in the software rather then the cameras.

Honestly I wouldn't replace analog with IP on the lower end. Given the pricing differance it's going to take a while before things shift enough for IP to really compete at that price point. I might consider a hybrid system for some applications if going IP makes it more feasable or cost effective. (Wireless)

Damn I have been slacking huh??!! I have actually heard Milestone is used by many other companies as there software for their equipment like JVC and Axis to name a few. I think Visual Sentry's cams are vivotek but not sure I usaully use whatever IP cam fits the application. For small business's analog is definitatly less expensive but there are some pretty inexpensive systmes out there but none up to par with some of the bigger players. Hey CCTV4ME are you a Milestone rep or what?? If yes how come I am not buying you direct?? I have actually speced Milestone in a couple jobs but I get it from another disty and by then its list price.

Milestone works with practically any IP camera or server .. they are huge .. Acti still has the best IP servers .. but acti's software isnt that great .. heck I havent really seen any Ip software that impresses me yet .. 1 camera ..? Just get a Geo Gv250 2 channel card .. thats what I got .. cheapest route .. and high quality recording.

Does anyone know what main cctv system heathrow uses ?

Back in the 90's a lot of its camera's were dummy cameras (all the car park ones, which caused a stir when the multi-million pound robbery occured, and it turned out no footage was on cctv as they were all dummy cams)

Not sure what exactly they use now, but

http://www.airport-technology.com/contractors/security/novar/

may be a good starting point.

Damn I have been slacking huh??!! I have actually heard Milestone is used by many other companies as there software for their equipment like JVC and Axis to name a few.

JVC DOES NOT use Milestone for their software. JVC software is a Linux based product. It blows Milestones doors off. It is priced much better and is Made in the USA.

Damn I have been slacking huh??!! I have actually heard Milestone is used by many other companies as there software for their equipment like JVC and Axis to name a few.

JVC DOES NOT use Milestone for their software. JVC software is a Linux based product. It blows Milestones doors off. It is priced much better and is Made in the USA.

A little insider knowledge for you! JVC Europe is releasing a new NVR which will be an open product and will support JVC and Axis on its first release around the end of the year. It has Milestone embedded into the box so will eventually support all the cameras, servers milestone support.