R0tten

Best HD IP security camera's?

I know, a typical post probing for the best rated camera. But, I can't find a list anywhere of good/high rated security camera's. I used the search feature but it's not very helpful. Here's what I'd like:

HD

IP

5MP+ (best possible)

^ @ >= 15fps

1 Bullet 1 Dome

IR

Color

<$250

etc

Thanks in advance everyone-

I know, a typical post probing for the best rated camera. But, I can't find a list anywhere of good/high rated security camera's. I used the search feature but it's not very helpful. Here's what I'd like:

HD

IP

5MP+ (best possible)

^ @ >= 15fps

1 Bullet 1 Dome

IR

Color

<$250

etc

You are making an incorrect assumption that more megapixels means its a better camera.

Start reading the forum..the best camera depends on your needs.

Thanks @Boogieman. Any suggestion where to start? There's quite a lot that I do understand of what affects a better camera. Like distance, light, lens, compression etc. There's always more to learn. I'm looking for the best camera that has the best picture quality (used to show good detail) for my dollar while recording at 15fps or perhaps even better. Thank you much.

HD

IP

5MP+ (best possible)

^ @ >= 15fps

1 Bullet 1 Dome

IR

Color

<$250

etc

250$ you maybe get two 1.3MP.

There are new 4mp and 2mp cameras from hikvision that are superior to these, particularly in low light / night.

I get very good lowlight/ir night vision performance with these...

You must have lots of ambient light or using settings that will result in lots of motion blur for moving objects...

You must have lots of ambient light or using settings that will result in lots of motion blur for moving objects...

Ill do some more testing, only got them up and running Saturday.

edit: just did a test, in 0 lux, full IR, little to no motion blur.

this was just a test in my living room. Where the cameras will eventually be located, there is some ambient light during the darkest parts of the night, so I should be fine

Ill do some more testing, only got them up and running Saturday.

edit: just did a test, in 0 lux, full IR, little to no motion blur.

this was just a test in my living room. Where the cameras will eventually be located, there is some ambient light during the darkest parts of the night, so I should be fine

Indoors is a different ballgame because you have ir reflecting off walls so it will be ok..You will not have the same result outdoors with asphalt and grass absorbing the IR light...I assumed this was installed outdoors because most folks dont install bullets indoors in residential installs.

HD

IP

5MP+ (best possible)

^ @ >= 15fps

1 Bullet 1 Dome

IR

Color

<$250

etc

You are making an incorrect assumption that more megapixels means its a better camera.Start reading the forum..the best camera depends on your needs.

Boogieman, you took my words.

Wooops I got wrong. You have to promote 4MP, not 5MP, Poorman.

HD

IP

5MP+ (best possible)

^ @ >= 15fps

1 Bullet 1 Dome

IR

Color

<$250

etc

You are making an incorrect assumption that more megapixels means its a better camera.Start reading the forum..the best camera depends on your needs.

I dont think you understand the English language......a higher megapixel count is not always better however it depends on the application and depends on the BRAND and specific model. My point was that 5mp junk camera is not necessarily better than a 1080p camera from a reliable brand. A 1080p dahua/hikvision will ALWAYS have a higher pixel per inch count than a 720p camera(PPI). Stop denying it. It is FACT. But according to you, lets all go back to D1 low res because the sensors is EXACTLY the same as a 4mp camera. LOL NOT. We have youtube here. Sorry if your government in china banned youtube for you. Must suck.

Proof is in the video. End of story! Busted!

Sorry if china blocked the video for you...

If not from Hik or Daihua, or its counterfeits, all other brands can be called as junks by you. Too bad. Period.

What is your problem?

If not from Hik or Daihua, or its counterfeits, all other brands can be called as junks by you. Too bad. Period.

What is your problem?

He works for a chinese manufactuer that assembles low end analog dvr cards and D1 analog cameras...so any mention of hd makes him go crazy.

He works for a chinese manufactuer that assembles low end analog dvr cards and D1 analog cameras...so any mention of hd makes him go crazy.

Ahh, hence the reason he previously suggested to not use IP cameras.

I just installed a few IP cams they are are awesome.

When we're talking about high quality I count doag rate, image quality, lifetime.

We prefer Sony. Not to many customers will actually buy it these days anymore since Dahua/hikvision offers same quality image quality.

However they die rather fast and the rate of doa's is really high

When we're talking about high quality I count doag rate, image quality, lifetime.

We prefer Sony. Not to many customers will actually buy it these days anymore since Dahua/hikvision offers same quality image quality.

However they die rather fast and the rate of doa's is really high

Where are you getting your doa/failure data? I have never had a doa.....they are extremely reliable.

I dont think you understand the English language......a higher megapixel count is not always better however it depends on the application and depends on the BRAND and specific model. My point was that 5mp junk camera is not necessarily better than a 1080p camera from a reliable brand. A 1080p dahua/hikvision will ALWAYS have a higher pixel per inch count than a 720p camera(PPI). Stop denying it. It is FACT. But according to you, lets all go back to D1 low res because the sensors is EXACTLY the same as a 4mp camera. LOL NOT. We have youtube here. Sorry if your government in china banned youtube for you. Must suck.

Megapixel has pretty much become a marketing gimmick in equating superior image quality which it isn't. It is just one component of it. There are other things such as compression that is also part of it. So in short it is how it is handled and processed rather than higher megapixel count. In vast majority of cases 2-3MP is sufficient.

Megapixel has pretty much become a marketing gimmick in equating superior image quality which it isn't. It is just one component of it. There are other things such as compression that is also part of it. So in short it is how it is handled and processed rather than higher megapixel count. In vast majority of cases 2-3MP is sufficient.

This is the guy who keeps on promoting ip cameras up to 4MP. He seems not to be allowed to promote 5MP camera, yet. That's why the 5MP IP cameras should be called junks, for the time being. But soon enough, he would be allowed to start promoting 5MP cameras. Then all others would be called Junks. My opinion is better going for 720P or 1080p in 4~5 years, till UHD monitors and cameras getting popular.

This from the guy who promotes D1 china junk. Sunnykim failed again to read my post in its entirety.

Sounds eerily similar to the installer I talked to. This installer just jumped straight into TVI as if its the only thing in town. Badmouthed bullet cams and when IP was suggested, he brought up the bandwidth thing.

However your video seems to suggest to go to a higher pixel count because when zooming in it will give greater detail. Guess that is the key how much detail and how far will objects be.

This from the guy who promotes D1 china junk. Sunnykim failed again to read my post in its entirety.

Sounds eerily similar to the installer I talked to. This installer just jumped straight into TVI as if its the only thing in town. Badmouthed bullet cams and when IP was suggested, he brought up the bandwidth thing.

However your video seems to suggest to go to a higher pixel count because when zooming in it will give greater detail. Guess that is the key how much detail and how far will objects be.

Your minimum should be 1080p...going from d1 to 1080 is much greater than going from 2mp to 4mp...4mp is not double the pixel density...

Regardless, my point was that with respect to hikvision, the 2mp and 4mp are better at night and low light, than the 3mp..