WildCard

Remote webcam unusual error Geovision 7.0.5

Hello guys,

When it rains, it pours.

I have a problem that appears to be a router/routing issue. See if you can think of anything else or point me to a log that will answer it better.

Store has a GV800-8 running 7.0.5, and from within the network I can webcam/Multiview to the DVR server.

From outside the network, I get the forced software downloads, choose Modem/Broadband option, it gives me a login - but then errors with:

Multiview: "Can't connect to server"

I talked to the org that admins the router (I can't log in to the router, all changes go through them) and they said they have ports 8888, 3550, 4550, 5550, and 6550 routed to the IP of this DVR box. Yes, I did change the default port from 80 to 8888.

Any obvious answer to the riddle? Is there an authentication or connection log somewhere in Geo that would say 'Password Failed', or 'Connection timeout' or 'IP not whitelisted' or something like that?

Just to throw the group, I have to say that I did connect to this box right after I installed 7.0.5 upgrade last week. The next day, it refused to work, giving me the symptoms above.

Thanks all,

-WC-

Is there an authentication or connection log somewhere in Geo that would say 'Password Failed', or 'Connection timeout' or 'IP not whitelisted' or something like that?

Not in Geo that I have used but Windows firewall and many other firewalls can restrict based on IP or a variety of other parameters.

try removing the OCX downloaded files from the Windows directory along with the registry entry for the DMMultiview files. Reboot your PC and then try logging in again.

Scottj

Scott, I assume you mean to do that at the specific client machine trying to connect?

Because I have tried connecting with computers that have never installed multiview until then, and they are getting the same symptoms.

-WC-

//edit - I called to confirm that the router has the mappings for 8888,3550,4550,5550. He confirmed, there was no 6550, but that's audio, right?

This is baffling me. Worked the day we installed the update, and it continues to work internally on their network - but not outside the router.

Edited by Guest

Rory, you were posting as I was editing.

Should I run the fix on the clients having the problem connecting with webcam/multiview?

Is Multiview the same as remote viewer? I have heard that used sometimes in regards to Geo program run.

-WC-

try it on one first, or download my program from my web site and try that, it applies the fix automatically when it loads, and will see if it connects or not, doesnt matter which port is used on the web cam ..

Rory

Thanks Rory, but it failed to change the results.

I still have the dialog box, multiview - Can't connect to server.

Is there a program that my customer can install that isn't an activex, more like an application that would be installed and run as needed?

-WC-

okay, will do.

What does a password authentication fail error look like?

I just tried user admin with password of gibberish, and it came back with the can't connect to server error.