Sign in to follow this  
steviej1974

View CCTV over your internel WiFi Network

Hi, I can view my Hikvision cameras from outside my network on my Iphone/Ipad, but I can't view them once I am connected to my own wifi network. So the Port Forwading is done correctly.

I can log in with my laptop through the browser via the Hikvision Wizerd while connected to the wifi but then that means that I will still be streaming it via the internet ?? which will cost me in download data. Is there a way I could use an Ipad to connect to the Hikvision Recorder so to not have data taken off my Internet account.

Thanks

Hi, I can view my Hikvision cameras from outside my network on my Iphone/Ipad, but I can't view them once I am connected to my own wifi network. So the Port Forwading is done correctly.

I can log in with my laptop through the browser via the Hikvision Wizerd while connected to the wifi but then that means that I will still be streaming it via the internet ?? which will cost me in download data. Is there a way I could use an Ipad to connect to the Hikvision Recorder so to not have data taken off my Internet account.

Thanks

Hi yes you are correct if you can view away from your network your ports are right.

There are two ways to view .... Either external IP or internal IP. Your external works so you just need to set your internal

On your viewing software click add device and call it CCTV at home

Then it will ask for IP address ...... This is your local address it will start 192.168.x.x.

You will find this in recorder menu under network ... Also use the same port as external and that's all you need to do

You will have two logins internal for when at home ...( no cost to your plan)

And external for when away from your home