minni1986

Flashing Hikvision firmware on LTS IP Cameras/NVRs?

Has any one been successful installing Hikvision firmware on LTS cameras or NVR?

I understand that Hikvision is OEM for the cameras/NVR and LTS will install their own firmware on them.

Has anyone been able to sucessfully accomplish this?

When i take an Hikvision firmware of the exact same camera of LTS, it will just say wrong firmware.

Has any one been successful installing Hikvision firmware on LTS cameras or NVR?

I understand that Hikvision is OEM for the cameras/NVR and LTS will install their own firmware on them.

Has anyone been able to sucessfully accomplish this?

When i take an Hikvision firmware of the exact same camera of LTS, it will just say wrong firmware.

Yes,

you have to use LTS firmware

You have something against their firmware ?

Can you explain how you got Hikivison firmware installed on LTS camera?

LTS NVR are not configured properly to run POS. I had called LTS on this issue and they came out and said they have no idea on how to make it work properly and their firmware isn't for it.

LTS NVR are not configured properly to run POS. I had called LTS on this issue and they came out and said they have no idea on how to make it work properly and their firmware isn't for it.

You need to tftp the hik firmware.

It's best not to "Kludge" LTS firmware with Hik firmware, at this time.

A major firmware release for all Hikvision NVR's/DVR's is currently scheduled for release by the end of this month and another matching release for Hikvision IP Cameras is currently scheduled for the end of November. To make sure that ("non-crippled non-grey-market") Hikvision IP Camera equipment will better support new features across Hikvision product lines.

Once these major firmware releases are found to be stable for the Hikvision product lines. OEM's like LTS will have working versions with many if not all of those new fixes, enhancements and features. Like the Hik firmware, but specifically for their OEM product lines.

Whatever you do. Please! don't use "Kludged" Hik firmware to downgrade LTS products to older Hik firmware. You may regret doing that, sooner than later. It would be best/better to stay on any most current firmware you have for LTS products at the moment. Because of all this going on.

Don

Hey thanks guys,

Yeah i figured i'll just order the Hikvision NVRs, didn't want to void warranty and all that mess

not worth losing my money to test out something for someone else.

But i do have an older LTS NVR i might try as a last option.

TheUberOverLord -

Definitely will take note of. But Hikvision has already configured their NVRs with firmware offering more POS options for a while now. LTS has not been able to upgrade their own yet; so, who knows when LTS will consider adding this into their new firmware.

It's best not to "Kludge" LTS firmware with Hik firmware, at this time.

A major firmware release for all Hikvision NVR's/DVR's is currently scheduled for release by the end of this month and another matching release for Hikvision IP Cameras is currently scheduled for the end of November. To make sure that ("non-crippled non-grey-market") Hikvision IP Camera equipment will better support new features across Hikvision product lines.

Once these major firmware releases are found to be stable for the Hikvision product lines. OEM's like LTS will have working versions with many if not all of those new fixes, enhancements and features. Like the Hik firmware, but specifically for their OEM product lines.

Whatever you do. Please! don't use "Kludged" Hik firmware to downgrade LTS products to older Hik firmware. You may regret doing that, sooner than later. It would be best/better to stay on any most current firmware you have for LTS products at the moment. Because of all this going on.

Don

Who said anything about "kludged" firmware. The camera will take standard hik firmware downloaded from hikvision usa website via tftp.

Who said anything about "kludged" firmware. The camera will take standard hik firmware downloaded from hikvision usa website via tftp.

I stand by my statements in my post. They are clear and concise.

You can re-read my post if required, to try to more accurately understand what I stated.

Don

I stand by my statements in my post. They are clear and concise.

You can re-read my post if required, to try to more accurately understand what I stated.

Don

Donny, I stand by everything in my post as well. I guess that something that now need to be stated otherwise its assumed that the poster does not stand by what they said. Good to know.

Guys guys guys,

the only way to settle this now is to find LTS NVRs and then add Hikvision firmware on them.

Let the games begin