pipabix

Julia & "CCTV Camera Shop" on Aliexpress

Just a word of warning in case it's not already been mentioned here:

Beware of trading on Aliexpress. There are a few reviews online of people ending up out of pocket when trading via the 'Ali sites'.

They range from no goods sent but being billed, wrong goods sent and can't get an exchange or refund, and cards being billed by other parties shortly after transactions on the said site(s).

However, I'm sure there are lots of happy customers.

Just a word of warning in case it's not already been mentioned here:

Beware of trading on Aliexpress. There are a few reviews online of people ending up out of pocket when trading via the 'Ali sites'.

They range from no goods sent but being billed, wrong goods sent and can't get an exchange or refund, and cards being billed by other parties shortly after transactions on the said site(s).

However, I'm sure there are lots of happy customers.

Users who buy from reputable sellers dont have these issues. The seller does not get paid unless you approve the transaction. You credit card provides additional protection. As far as the credit cards being stolen the sellers NEVER get the card info. Ali is just as secure as ebay/amazon.

Users who buy from reputable sellers dont have these issues. The seller does not get paid unless you approve the transaction. You credit card provides additional protection. As far as the credit cards being stolen the sellers NEVER get the card info. Ali is just as secure as ebay/amazon.

I'm not going to open all my old bookmarks, but I assure you that there's too many complaints about the website for me to take it seriously or want to part with big money that way. I'd rather support a trusted distribution chain and pay a little more money. Besides, waiting up to 28 days for delivery and then having to cover return costs if there's a problem, isn't an ideal trading platform for me. Here are a couple of the first links I found.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.alibaba.com

http://andrewminalto.com/alibaba-scam-exposed/

The second link seems to be an article defending Alibaba, but just look at the comments at the bottom. This seems very much like ebay to me, where, with a careful eye, you can weed out most of the bad deals, duplicate accounts and fake goods - but unfortunately many people can't do this and make complaints.

I would suggest a reputable seller would be a trusted CCTV distributor or wholesaler.

I'm not going to open all my old bookmarks, but I assure you that there's too many complaints about the website for me to take it seriously or want to part with big money that way. I'd rather support a trusted distribution chain and pay a little more money. Besides, waiting up to 28 days for delivery and then having to cover return costs if there's a problem, isn't an ideal trading platform for me. Here are a couple of the first links I found.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.alibaba.com

http://andrewminalto.com/alibaba-scam-exposed/

The second link seems to be an article defending Alibaba, but just look at the comments at the bottom. This seems very much like ebay to me, where, with a careful eye, you can weed out most of the bad deals, duplicate accounts and fake goods - but unfortunately many people can't do this and make complaints.

I would suggest a reputable seller would be a trusted CCTV distributor or wholesaler.

This topic has been discussed to death (you are new here, there are thousands of posts on this topic)...there will be complaints about any website...There are pros and cons.....it varies by the end users specific needs. My point is there is no more credit card security risk by using ali vs any other popular web commerce site. There is a specific reason the OP was asking about Julia as she was a reputable merchant that he has purchased from in the past.

Sorry, I was responding to

Users who buy from reputable sellers dont have these issues.

As I was saying

They range from no goods sent but being billed, wrong goods sent and can't get an exchange or refund, and...

Sorry, I was responding to
Users who buy from reputable sellers dont have these issues.

As I was saying

They range from no goods sent but being billed, wrong goods sent and can't get an exchange or refund, and...

Reputable aliexpress sellers...the OP was looking for that specific seller because of her reputation....

You can always get a refund if you were not shipped the goods ordered..these are non issues with the known good sellers on ali...forum members here and on other camera forums have no issues with these transactions...

Sometimes it makes no sense to order from ali of the savings are minimal, at other times depending on the specific item, it is well worth it.

Yes, I accept that. I hope I didn't seem confrontational.

I have actually spent a while wondering whether or not to order items from Ali, so I'm not totally anti the idea. I'm sure there are plenty of reputable traders on it.

I also forgot to say, I apologise for taking the post off topic with regards to the OP.

Dudes, clearly I've used these before, and will in the future.

I've had no issues with stock ordered, always received etc.

But clearly there will be bad eggs also.

But knocking aliexpress or alibaba is ridiculous. What i buy from China costs me €70 , if ordered in Europe it's €280.

Each to there own.

Id always order 1 of anything first. Max 2 at a time.

knocking aliexpress or alibaba is ridiculous.

Not really. If systemQ, for example, had anywhere near the amount of bad reviews that Ali and ebay had, I wouldn't touch them with bargepole.

But like you say, each to their own.

knocking aliexpress or alibaba is ridiculous.

Not really. If systemQ, for example, had anywhere near the amount of bad reviews that Ali and ebay had, I wouldn't touch them with bargepole.

But like you say, each to their own.

Not used system q in years ..... Even when spending 1000s with them got let down

I'm not saying they're great, or that I regularly use them. I'm just saying there's not a lot of dirt on them, so they're considered worth a look. If you like alien and re-branded eyeball cameras, then they're probably wonderful! They gave me poor service on what turned out to be a poor product.

Do you have a trusted wholesaler you would mention here or do you shop around a lot?