Sign in to follow this  
matbkk

Help Needed CCTV for my Building

Hi,

I am part of the Committee in a building located in Bangkok Thailand.

We need to upgrade our CCTV system which is from 2006.

I am having hard time to understand what are the differences in the proposal from the contractor.

Our actual System has 16 Camera (low Res from 2006)

Here is our DVR : http://postimg.org/image/urot9ng67/]http://s3.postimg.org/urot9ng67/Actual_System.jpg

And our Actual Resolution : http://postimg.org/image/krp8fzz01/]http://s8.postimg.org/krp8fzz01/actual_resolution.jpg

We might change only the DVR and see later for the cameras, is that OK ?

Here is a list of proposed DVR by Thai companies, which one would you recommend ? Are they relevant for our needs ?

LG PSM-LE5016D

LG LHR7160D

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mat

Hi,

I am part of the Committee in a building located in Bangkok Thailand.

We need to upgrade our CCTV system which is from 2006.

I am having hard time to understand what are the differences in the proposal from the contractor.

Our actual System has 16 Camera (low Res from 2006)

Here is our DVR : http://postimg.org/image/urot9ng67/]http://s3.postimg.org/urot9ng67/Actual_System.jpg

And our Actual Resolution : http://postimg.org/image/krp8fzz01/]http://s8.postimg.org/krp8fzz01/actual_resolution.jpg

We might change only the DVR and see later for the cameras, is that OK ?

Here is a list of proposed DVR by Thai companies, which one would you recommend ? Are they relevant for our needs ?

LG PSM-LE5016D

LG LHR7160D

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mat

Those are no good. they mostly support low res analog.

If you want to reuse your coax cable you have now...look TVI or CVI systems from hikvsion or dahua. They are cheap and easy to swap out.

Tell the contractor that you want at a minimum 720p (not TVL) or 1080p

Dont settle for low resolution DVR/cameras that they are offering you. Get more bids, talk to others..these guys are selling old gear.

The second unit will allow HD ip cameras but you will have to replace the cables.

Edited by Guest

Follow the directions of Thai companies in your local area. LG is a reliable brand. It is them to get you Tech support, not HikVision sales man in this forum.

Follow the directions of Thai companies in your local area. LG is a reliable brand. It is them to get you Tech support, not HikVision sales man in this forum.

They want better resolution..why in the world would they use 4cif when they can get 1080p...they are ripping this guy off. Probably asking for more money for old low res technology...

Sunny why cant your decide who I work for, hikvision, dahua? costco? newegg? Amazon?

If I work for hikvsion why did i recommend a qsee system in my other post? BUSTED.

OP can see for himself.

Thanks guys for your replies, but I am still confuse.

I really need an objective answer.

@ Boogieman : Which item would you recommend ? Along with which cameras ?

@ SunnyKim : Thais are not so helpful. Do you think that their LG systems are up to date ?

We are talking about at least a 10 year investment.

Mat

Hi. Matbbk

Yes your old lg is out of date ..... Like you have said replace dvr first with a hybrid and then take time to upgrade to IP

Take a look at the avermedia

Thanks guys for your replies, but I am still confuse.

@ Boogieman : Which item would you recommend ? Along with which cameras ?

Mat

Hikvision and dahua make TVI and CVI hybrids and tribrids which will allow you to use your old cams as well as easily replace cameras with TVI or CVI cameras that are 1080p hd without running new cable. These units can also support ip (new cable will be needed)...

It is tough to decompress 16 Ch X 1080P simultaneously for spot monitoring, if you go for IP camera system. If there is such one, it could be expensive.

If your old system is CIF based, you may change your DVR to a new one, capable of recording D1 or 960H for each camera. Those DVRs would cost you less than U$100. But you do not still like the video quality, you may upgrade to HD 720P system. HD -analog such as HD-CVI, or HD-TVI or HD-AHD could be your choice. The cameras can be as cheap as analog cameras. Such DVRs(HD-Analog) can support your old analog cameras. Therefore, you can save some analog cameras at certain locations. The reason I am not recommending 1080P (HD -Analog Systmes) is that the system could be expensive for playbacking 16 Ch X 1080P simultaneously, but not for 16Ch X 720P.

It is tough to decompress 16 Ch X 1080P simultaneously for spot monitoring, if you go for IP camera system. If there is such one, it could be expensive.

If your old system is CIF based, you may change your DVR to a new one, capable of recording D1 or 960H for each camera. Those DVRs would cost you less than U$100. But you do not still like the video quality, you may upgrade to HD 720P system. HD -analog such as HD-CVI, or HD-TVI or HD-AHD could be your choice. The cameras can be as cheap as analog cameras. Such DVRs(HD-Analog) can support your old analog cameras. Therefore, you can save some analog cameras at certain locations. The reason I am not recommending 1080P (HD -Analog Systmes) is that the system could be expensive for playbacking 16 Ch X 1080P simultaneously, but not for 16Ch X 720P.

Its not tough at all. First i think you have a basic misunderstanding of spot monitoring...this can be done with any NVR.

As far as simultaneous playback, there are lots of NVR's that can do 16ch simultaneous playback, though I dont see the need for it. I have never seen anyone use that function. Remember this is for a building association..they will not be sitting there reviewing footage every day...this is to record in case an incident occurs...remember always look at the needs of the end user, this is a common rookie mistake. D1 and 960H should not be considered at all. Makes no sense.

Its not tough at all. First i think you have a basic misunderstanding of spot monitoring...this can be done with any NVR.

As far as simultaneous playback, there are lots of NVR's that can do 16ch simultaneous playback, though I dont see the need for it. I have never seen anyone use that function. Remember this is for a building association..they will not be sitting there reviewing footage every day...this is to record in case an incident occurs...remember always look at the needs of the end user, this is a common rookie mistake. D1 and 960H should not be considered at all. Makes no sense.

Funnyboy, I do not agree that any NVR or DVR could playback(simultaneous decompressing) 16 Ch X 1080P for spot monitoring. I would appreciate if you kindly provide the model that can do that. It is OK if you list up very expensive solutions. Tricks could be to decompress subtreams not main streams, I know.

Funnyboy, I do not agree that any NVR or DVR could playback(simultaneous decompressing) 16 Ch X 1080P for spot monitoring. I would appreciate if you kindly provide the model that can do that. It is OK if you list up very expensive solutions. Tricks could be to decompress subtreams not main streams, I know.

Why in the world would you need to simultaneously view 16ch of the main stream? Do you would need a movie theater screen to view all 16ch in 1080p and see the benefit vs the substream. Makes no sense to playback all channels in 1080p. Another amateur mistake on your part.

The substream is D1, lol. So you can still view all channels AND also have 1080p video for DETAIL. So you have the best of both worlds. This can be done on inexpensive NVR's.

Since you are from china, we have different opinions on what expensive is. For you 200 is expensive...so im not getting into that argument. Bottom line is D1 should never be used in 2015 NEVER!

This cheap 250 dahua nvr can playback 16ch simultaneously.

https://www.123securityproducts.com/ctw-nvr7216.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwwbyxBRCS74T049iEp0wSJACkO5v1wIyxWyEBRT3fGLpYjjq1LdnyXPnM0O1hLnX9GWPRUxoCl_Tw_wcB

Sunnykim, I am glad I can help you understand NVR's and ip cameras systems. I know this is a new field for you as you have only used DVR's and low end analog cameras. Please ask any questions you may have, I will help you understand.

The link is for Cantek not Costco. No way to return the product if you found that realtime decoding of main stream (1080P X30FPSX16Ch) can not be done.

As long as you are not promoting 3MPs/4MPs/5MPs IP cameras, I have No Objection to you. As said, these cameras are based on the same image sensor as 720P or 1080P. They just increased number of pixels, without improving a true resolution fidelity, simply for charging more money. These suffer very low performance under low lighted conditions. In addtion, these creates lots of problems, say, reduced number of frames, audio lipsync, monitor resolution & size, storage space, heats, power consumptions, software / hardware compatibility issues. Without commenting these can be a crime. Please do not be upset against me.

The link is for Cantek not Costco. No way to return the product if you found that realtime decoding of main stream (1080P X30FPSX16Ch) can not be done.

As long as you are not promoting 3MPs/4MPs/5MPs IP cameras, I have No Objection to you. As said, these cameras are based on the same image sensor as 720P or 1080P. They just increased number of pixels, without improving a true resolution fidelity, simply for charging more money. These suffer very low performance under low lighted conditions. In addtion, these creates lots of problems, say, reduced number of frames, audio lipsync, monitor resolution & size, storage space, heats, power consumptions, software / hardware compatibility issues. Without commenting these can be a crime. Please do not be upset against me.

There is NO need to playback 16 in 1080p..the space on the screen is too small to see the difference. 100 dollars to you (thats probably one months salary for you) via paypal if you can explain why in the world I need 1080p x16 playback if im using a regular 24"-50" monitor/tv? Makes no sense. You keep saying that like its a good thing, its not. Do you undestand that when the image is small, like when a screen is divided into 16, you dont need full res? How is d1 any better? Its low RES ALL THE TIME AND YOU CANNOT ZOOM IN on D1. Last month you were ranting and raving that D1 is the same sensor as 720p. Make up your mind.

My point was that this unit can playback all 16 channels at once via the substream. Then if you need more detail you can bring it full screen and zoom in. With D1 you CANNOT zoom in, it looks like crap.

Listen to me very carefully, I could care less about your objections. I have already demonstrated that there is a difference between 720p and 3mp/4mp. You can rant and rave from china all day here, but one look at this video and everyone can see you have NO clue.

You can rant and rave all the way from china, but we can see with our own eyes.

The "problems" you listed to are non existent and completely fabricated. I dont think you understand what a crime is.

There is NO perceptible increase in power consumption ...my dahua 3mp cameras draw UNDER 3w during the day. There is no extra heat (even if there was who cares). Monitor resolution is not improtant, you keep making this same amateur mistake over and over. You can benefit from 4mp even with a vga monitor. FYI here in the US everyone uses 1080p monitors...get with the times. There are no hardware compatibility issues. There are no reduced frames 1080 can be had at 30fps and 3/4mp at 20, which is WAY more than needed and WAY more than many analog junk systems can produce.

Please stop making things up. Its is VERY obvious that you dont have an understanding of IP technology and security in general. Please stop spreading your nonsense.

So I will say this again, if you cannot explain the youtube video and what I see with my own eyes every DAY, I have 720p, 1080p, 3mp and 4mp cameras, then you need to go learn a thing or two.

Sunny, I will keep pointing out your lies until the mods ban you. This nonsense has gone too far. STOP recommending D1 for system upgrades, its malpractice.

There is NO need to playback 16 in 1080p..the space on the screen is too small to see the difference. 100 dollars to you (thats probably one months salary for you) via paypal if you can explain why in the world I need 1080p x16 playback if im using a regular 24"-50" monitor/tv? Makes no sense. You keep saying that like its a good thing, its not. Do you undestand that when the image is small, like when a screen is divided into 16, you dont need full res? How is d1 any better? Its low RES ALL THE TIME AND YOU CANNOT ZOOM IN on D1. Last month you were ranting and raving that D1 is the same sensor as 720p. Make up your mind.

My point was that this unit can playback all 16 channels at once via the substream. Then if you need more detail you can bring it full screen and zoom in. With D1 you CANNOT zoom in, it looks like crap.

Listen to me very carefully, I could care less about your objections. I have already demonstrated that there is a difference between 720p and 3mp/4mp. You can rant and rave from china all day here, but one look at this video and everyone can see you have NO clue.

You can rant and rave all the way from china, but we can see with our own eyes.

The "problems" you listed to are non existent and completely fabricated. I dont think you understand what a crime is.

There is NO perceptible increase in power consumption ...my dahua 3mp cameras draw UNDER 3w during the day. There is no extra heat (even if there was who cares). Monitor resolution is not improtant, you keep making this same amateur mistake over and over. You can benefit from 4mp even with a vga monitor. FYI here in the US everyone uses 1080p monitors...get with the times. There are no hardware compatibility issues. There are no reduced frames 1080 can be had at 30fps and 3/4mp at 20, which is WAY more than needed and WAY more than many analog junk systems can produce.

Please stop making things up. Its is VERY obvious that you dont have an understanding of IP technology and security in general. Please stop spreading your nonsense.

So I will say this again, if you cannot explain the youtube video and what I see with my own eyes every DAY, I have 720p, 1080p, 3mp and 4mp cameras, then you need to go learn a thing or two.

Sunny, I will keep pointing out your lies until the mods ban you. This nonsense has gone too far. STOP recommending D1 for system upgrades, its malpractice.

Most monitoring needs playback 16 Channels in realtime, specially Vegas.

Ask Vegas why they are not installing IP cameras as fast as you like to see.

Video Analytics, Object Tracking, Motion Detection in a more robustic way.

Simultaneous Decoding 16 Ch X 1080P X 30 FPS Main Streams

It is a joke to spot your clumsy logic in order to promote 4MP camera, stopping 5MP camera. That's sad to see in the following thread :

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48027

Boogieman, SunnyKim the two of you (three if we add in TheUberOverlord) need to move your personal battles somewhere else. Members here do not want to read your petty childish bickering about absolutely nothing.

Plus, I am tired of cleaning up after you.