Sign in to follow this  
alacran1

Camera makes my lawn look *purple

The front neighbors artificial lawn looks very green also my 7up green plastic bottle looks green (bottom picture, top left corner), but all my lawn and my bushes look purple.

20151028_153510_zpsdygdukqq.thumb.jpg.f6f986d8f85c63da78e3873c34552bd1.jpg

20151028_153531_zpseg0usopa.thumb.jpg.7ce1667863b7535b5b09e75878ef991d.jpg

OK. But why is the lawn green from far away and purple from close? Doesnt really make sense. I guess my cameras hate my lawn. I have my cameras underneath the edge of my roof (soffit).

Nice picture lol. Boogieman is right. Infrared light is interfering with the color reproduction. I'm guessing these are relatively cheap cameras without switchable filters? But purple or green, the system is doing it's job.

Boogerman, instead of calling cheaper cameras junk,in this politically correct world, you could refer to them as quality challenged.

Boogerman, instead of calling cheaper cameras junk,in this politically correct world, you could refer to them as quality challenged.

Lol, makes me cringe when I seen new installs with low resolution blurry video like that...720p/1080 is cheap..folks are being fooled into this low end "bargain" junk.