111jag

I have a Watchnet XDDIII hooked up only get a white screen

Hi,

I tried hooking the Watchnet XDIII camera inside my house with a test wire and it works fine. I had a different camera hooked up outside it it worked fine. Then I tried hooking the Watchnet camera up outside and all I get is a white screen. It has power, as when I disconnect the power the screen goes black. Do I have enough power? Are the wires hooked up backwards (Pos/Neg) as I did splice the wire to the camera and may have reversed the wires outside. Doesn't explain why my older camera still works? I was thinking of putting 24v power supply to this new camera. Does it take more power to run the Watchnet XDIII? Are there outdoor settings that I have to set up to make it work outside? Doesn't explain why it works inside my house. What should the setting say. The camera is on my porch with a street light and occasionally my front porch light on. My buddy said it is a good camera. We will see. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

OK I have an update. I hooked up a 24 V ac power supply and the camera works but I get some lines that run through the camera.

What may be causing this?

The lines have disappeared. I installed a cat 5 cable but got the cable connector to connect it to my bnc end and the camera works OK it is just not clear. I am using a Night Owl LTE8 DVR and my buddy says it may not be capable of displaying a hi resolution camera (WatchNet XDDIII Hi res camera). Is this true? Or is there a setting in the camera I am missing?

The lines have disappeared. I installed a cat 5 cable but got the cable connector to connect it to my bnc end and the camera works OK it is just not clear. I am using a Night Owl LTE8 DVR and my buddy says it may not be capable of displaying a hi resolution camera (WatchNet XDDIII Hi res camera). Is this true? Or is there a setting in the camera I am missing?

The camera is not high resolution...not sure why you think that.

The DVR supports D1 which is not very good, the cameras resolution is rated just above D1..

If you want a better image you need to get an HD camera and an HD dvr...

Why does it say on the box that it is a hi resolution camera? Why is it when I search for it on the internet it says the same?

Why does it say on the box that it is a hi resolution camera? Why is it when I search for it on the internet it says the same?

Everyone has a different interpretation of "hi resolution"....look at the specs..its low resolution. IF you want better images buy an HD system.

Effective Pixels NTSC=768(H)x494(V) / PAL=752(H)x582(V)

That is effectively D1. Low res.