sthomas52

Confused Mama needs help!!

I'm a mama bear and wife needing to protect my home and surrounding property (5 acres) from some pretty underhanded people that seem to fear nothing and no one and due to a few recent events it's time to put eyes everywhere... After hours and hours of research both on here and the general interwebz, I am more confused than I was when I started. I know we need at least 6 cameras, probably 8 because I'm sure I'll want more once I start. If possible, a couple of them should be very discreet. The most important feature being extremely high definition night vision and ability to record. Needs to be able to stand harsh weather as it can reach temps of -45 Celsius. Not sure if this is vital info but we run a Mac PC and both have android phones. Money is not really an issue but I'd like to stay 'reasonable' as we will be moving in the next year and I assume leaving the system/ incorporating a new system into our new build.

Thanks!

I'm a mama bear and wife needing to protect my home and surrounding property (5 acres) from some pretty underhanded people that seem to fear nothing and no one and due to a few recent events it's time to put eyes everywhere... After hours and hours of research both on here and the general interwebz, I am more confused than I was when I started. I know we need at least 6 cameras, probably 8 because I'm sure I'll want more once I start. If possible, a couple of them should be very discreet. The most important feature being extremely high definition night vision and ability to record. Needs to be able to stand harsh weather as it can reach temps of -45 Celsius. Not sure if this is vital info but we run a Mac PC and both have android phones. Money is not really an issue but I'd like to stay 'reasonable' as we will be moving in the next year and I assume leaving the system/ incorporating a new system into our new build.

Thanks!

It sounds like you need a professional job.

I would suggest that you first document the operational requirement (what you want to see, for example (bodies/faces/number plates etc), what size image, what areas you need to view, in what lighting/weather conditions, how long you want to retain recordings, how you wish to see the images (live/recorded) and what do you want to do with the recordings when you have them download locally - remote view?

Contact a couple of local installers and give them the document and tell them that they will be paid when they have demonstrate that their proposal meets the requirements.

Do not get involved in discussing the number of cameras, which manufacturer or what technology should be used, the proof of a successful system is meeting the operational requirement, is reliable and easy to use.

Please bear in mind that CCTV only records events. It does not prevent attack by determined individuals so look at the physical security of the site first.

Hope this helps

Ilkie

Money is not really an issue that isn't to say spending more money,you will get better cameras .Keep in mind ,there are several things to take into consideration when choosing a home security system.

1.Wireless systems or wired system.

2.You have PC and android phone ,that's nice .Now most of cameras can connect to the internet and smartphone,such as IP camera,POE camera ,AHD CCTV camera etc.

3.What quality image do you want ? 960H,720P,1080p even 4k etc .

If you know what kind of cameras you want ,then take money into consideration.

get online and order the completely wireless ARLO camera system great ir for night view and range of up to 150 feet, by range i mean camera from base station, you can buy up to 5 cameras though but for $599 they are worth every penny but you do need high speed internet only down fall...

get online and order the completely wireless ARLO camera system great ir for night view and range of up to 150 feet, by range i mean camera from base station, you can buy up to 5 cameras though but for $599 they are worth every penny but you do need high speed internet only down fall...

5000 budget and you surgest a baby monitor from netgear and junk wireless at that .... Then you have to pay each month for storage

Not the way to go at all

When you are considering installing CCTV at home you should consider what security measure would be best for your situation ,as well as talking into account the legal aspects to it.

CCTV is not the solution to all your security concerns. It is part of an overall security solution.

- Make it a habit to lock every door and window when leaving, after entering, and before bedtime.

- Buy and install outdoor lighting with infrared motion sensors

- Choose a reliable CCTV security system ( Sony ,Sumsung, Floureon are well .All can meet the

requirement that you need)

It sounds like you need a professional job.

I would suggest that you first document the operational requirement (what you want to see, for example (bodies/faces/number plates etc), what size image, what areas you need to view, in what lighting/weather conditions, how long you want to retain recordings, how you wish to see the images (live/recorded) and what do you want to do with the recordings when you have them download locally - remote view?

Contact a couple of local installers and give them the document and tell them that they will be paid when they have demonstrate that their proposal meets the requirements.

Do not get involved in discussing the number of cameras, which manufacturer or what technology should be used, the proof of a successful system is meeting the operational requirement, is reliable and easy to use.

Please bear in mind that CCTV only records events. It does not prevent attack by determined individuals so look at the physical security of the site first.

Hope this helps

Ilkie

When you are considering installing CCTV at home you should consider what security measure would be best for your situation ,as well as talking into account the legal aspects to it.

CCTV is not the solution to all your security concerns. It is part of an overall security solution.

- Make it a habit to lock every door and window when leaving, after entering, and before bedtime.

- Buy and install outdoor lighting with infrared motion sensors

- Choose a reliable CCTV security system ( Sony ,Sumsung, Floureon are well .All can meet the

requirement that you need)

Some great advice!

I'd also add that if you're fearing your safety, you need to have a security system with door/windows/glass sensors installed with monitoring.