Sign in to follow this  
jaybo

Hikvision 2CD2032 motion detection issues.

Hey guys. I've setup one my 2032's outside, and during night vision recording, Im getting motion triggers every few minutes (or sooner)

It seems dust/debris is triggering the motion sensor.

My settings are;

IR

-on

MOTION

-on

ENABLE DYNAMIC ANALYSIS

-on

CONFIGURATION

-normal (not expert)

SENSITIVITY

Scattered array of motion areas.

I'm just dumping motion events to a Ubuntu Server.

View My Video

Any idea how to stop the motion trigger from going off on dust?

Thanks

Hey guys. I've setup one my 2032's outside, and during night vision recording, Im getting motion triggers every few minutes (or sooner)

It seems dust/debris is triggering the motion sensor.

My settings are;

IR

-on

MOTION

-on

ENABLE DYNAMIC ANALYSIS

-on

CONFIGURATION

-normal (not expert)

SENSITIVITY

Scattered array of motion areas.

I'm just dumping motion events to a Ubuntu Server.

View My Video

Any idea how to stop the motion trigger from going off on dust?

Thanks

Welcome to the world of pixel based motion detection....you can try using line crossing for email alerts but keep motion detection for recording...recording space is cheap...

Welcome to the world of pixel based motion detection....you can try using line crossing for email alerts but keep motion detection for recording...recording space is cheap...

ha! Thanks Boogieman. Weird that the algorithm that BlueIris uses didn't pickup the dust as motion. Guess its more advanced than what is crammed into the camera.

ha! Thanks Boogieman. Weird that the algorithm that BlueIris uses didn't pickup the dust as motion. Guess its more advanced than what is crammed into the camera.

Its depends on your settings....blue iris has recently changed its algorithms for motion detection and allow more advanced rejection methods...but these should only be used for alerts..for recording err on the side of too sensitive.

you may need to lower the sensitively but you will miss events...its always better to record more than less. Storage is cheap.

External source of light will prevent this too. Visible light, or IR. Just a bit of external light will let you shut off the camera's internal IR. The problem is because the camera's IR lights are very close to the lens..and even the smallest spec of dust, moisture, bugs light up so bright that they constantly trigger.

I've got 7 of those cameras in operation, and have stopped using the built in IR on all of them.. even in the garage (dust particles). Added external IR to two of them, and rest have enough visible light around.