dalepres

Huisun PTZ Bullet Camera

Has anyone else used these cameras? http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-Arrival-Rotary-Bullet-PTZ-Camera-2MP-10X-IR-80m-Night-Vision-CCTV-IP-Camera/32437446186.html

On another forum, I saw that several there were using them. I have one that I'm installing this week. My only other PTZ is a 7 inch speed dome so finding these PTZ bullet cameras that are competitively priced was a big win.

They work with Hikvision iVMS-4200 software but they don't have all the features that a Hikvision has. I'm still working to figure out how to access them or even my Hikvision cameras using the Hikvision mobile app but I can access the Hikvisions or the Huisun using the Synology mobile app.

I'm curious if anyone else is using these and what they think of them. If the one I have works like I hope I plan to order a few more. It would be nice to have an affordable PTZ that I can use as a standard camera that will fit most of my requirements. I'll still need others for either wider views or longer IR, etc. so it doesn't fit everywhere but 5.1 to 51 mm covers most of my needs and setting the angle sitting on the couch instead of up on a ladder has a lot of appeal to me.

So why would you not call it a PTZ? It pans, it tilts, and it zooms. Is it just not expensive enough?

When I worked in the business doing Pelco back in the 80's, pan and tilt was only available with big, heavy, mounts that cost thousands of dollars. Zoom cameras cost about five-thousand. Infrared illuminators were closer to thirty-thousand dollars. And image quality sucked compared to even the cheapest cameras available today. But these cameras are still cameras.

So why would you not call it a PTZ? It pans, it tilts, and it zooms. Is it just not expensive enough?

When I worked in the business doing Pelco back in the 80's, pan and tilt was only available with big, heavy, mounts that cost thousands of dollars. Zoom cameras cost about five-thousand. Infrared illuminators were closer to thirty-thousand dollars. And image quality sucked compared to even the cheapest cameras available today. But these cameras are still cameras.

The biggest issue is that they have not been proven reliable. Anyone can build a camera that lasts 6 months. The cost of sending a technician out to replace a camera or 20 because you went with a low end product is not worth it (cost, customer satisfaction) There have been so many of these fly by night cams that end up being horror stories after 6 months or a year.

For starters it won't go 360*

My $1,000 Panasonic wvsc385 won't do a true 360 either, and is considered ptz camera.

The Huisun is fun to play with for under $200 shipped, but as boogerman posted, the reliability isn't proven.

So the definition of PTZ has nothing to do with pan/tilt/zoom? Now the definition of PTZ is any camera that has been proven reliable?

It's a PTZ camera. Just like any new product, whether from Dahua, Hikvision, or anyone else, people buy stuff before it's been proven reliable.

I have 14 cameras in my system. 2 of them are Hikvisions. I've had zero problems with any of my cameras including the non-Hikvisions that are 3 years old - with one exception: one camera has a sticking IR filter so daylight is reddish if I don't tap the camera. It's going to get replaced with something, maybe a Hikvision, maybe not.

I just mentioned a camera I stumbled on and bought. I've had mine up for a week after having it on the bench for a week. Since it mounts on a wall instead hanging freely in space, I don't need 360 degree rotation. It's an awesome camera with great specs. Considering the size of the motors I don't plan on leaving it running a patrol or pattern. I wouldn't do that with any PTZ camera. I use wide angle for occupancy detection and general coverage, more narrow for choke points and identification, and PTZ for users to look at what they specifically want to zoom in on.

If it doesn't work for you, I understand. It works for me. I think that it would work well for many who want the extra features in a size and price range that neither Hikvision nor Dahua offer. If you want less features for more money, consider Hikvision or Dahua.

For starters it won't go 360*

My $1,000 Panasonic wvsc385 won't do a true 360 either, and is considered ptz camera.

The Huisun is fun to play with for under $200 shipped, but as boogerman posted, the reliability isn't proven.

Pan means to move in a panoramic fashion. I'm pretty sure 180 degrees of coverage is considered panoramic.

It is a new product and, you're right, it hasn't been proven reliable yet. But if no one tries it and no one discusses it, we'll never know. The negativism and attacks here on anything not Hikvision or Dahua are neither helpful nor productive.

Pan means to move in a panoramic fashion. I'm pretty sure 180 degrees of coverage is considered panoramic.

It is a new product and, you're right, it hasn't been proven reliable yet. But if no one tries it and no one discusses it, we'll never know. The negativism and attacks here on anything not Hikvision or Dahua are neither helpful nor productive.

No one attacked it. Just mentioned the potential issues. Dont get offended. You are the one who brought up hikvision and dahua.There is mention of lots of other brands on this forum, including axis, avigilon, vivotek etc...

The camera may be fun to play with, but not to install 1000 of them to later learn of issues. That is the point being made.

Can't agree more!

The truth is much like comparing an older model car or truck you once had years ago to current models. Things change. Maybe the current model is better or worse than the older model you once had. So, one can't claim that any specific IP Camera model now is this or that. If they never owned that IP Camera model now being sold. This is why reading as many reviews in different places from others is so important. Because you do get the comments from others that have actually used that specific model.

I find it humerus at best. That some make claims of high failure rate risks. Show me the scientific statistical facts and details provided by a trusted source, to back up that garbage. If you can't do that? Then stop the fear mongering! LOL

Don

Then stop the fear mongering! LOL

Don

Take your own advice. You are the king of fear mongering.

yes you can in fact comment on reliability even on a new model from a reliable brand. A brand the constantly pushes out reliable products can be expected to continue that trend. Random new companies on the other hand cannot. There have been many of these new startups that look promising, but then the cameras start to fail and they disappear.

Edited by Guest

Then stop the fear mongering! LOL

Don

Take your own advice. You are the king of fear mongering.

Sorry to have hurt your feelings ("Not"). But NEWS FLASH! there are other choices besides Hikvision or Dahua. Not saying they are bad, but there are other good choices as well. So face the facts. Sometimes that's painful. Making up failure risks without supporting scientific facts from trusted sources won't undo that pain and will only in the end make you look silly.

Don

Edited by Guest

Yes there are, many good ones, though most are expensive. Foscam should NEVER be considered at any cost. See my post above. This particular brand has not been proven. An installer would have to be insane to start putting them up, risking having to warranty them and his/her reputation. You have never installed an ip camera other than a wireless foscam on your kitchen table so you wont understand.

Yes there are, many good ones, though most are expensive. Foscam should NEVER be considered at any cost. See my post above. This particular brand has not been proven. An installer would have to be insane to start putting them up, risking having to warranty them and his/her reputation. You have never installed an ip camera other than a wireless foscam on your kitchen table so you wont understand.

LOL Now your going to once again make things up and say that good ones need to mostly be expensive. Again, where's your scientific facts by a trusted source to back this garbage up now?

Don't worry I won't wait, because I know you have none.

Don

LOL now your going to once again make things up and say that good ones need to mostly be expensive. Again, where's your scientific facts by a trusted source to back this garbage up now?

Don

Quality brands like axis, Avigilon, vivotek are simply more expensive. Hikvsiion and dahua also both have more expensive lines. I have tested enough "new" promising cameras to know they have HIGH failure rates. The led's are overdriven and fail, in 6-12 months, the ir cut filters fail, and on the zoom cameras the focus mechanism fails. You can rant and rave all you want...no one has statistical data because installers who install many cameras will not risk their reputation on a startup. I owe you nothing and will provide nothing to you. Show me data that says that startup brands are just as reliable as established brands...you cant. I know reliability is a hard concept to grasp since you deal with foscams...its important to installers and their customers.

LOL now your going to once again make things up and say that good ones need to mostly be expensive. Again, where's your scientific facts by a trusted source to back this garbage up now?

Don

Quality brands like axis, Avigilon, vivotek are simply more expensive. Hikvsiion and dahua also both have more expensive lines. I have tested enough "new" promising cameras to know they have HIGH failure rates. The led's are overdriven and fail, in 6-12 months, the ir cut filters fail, and on the zoom cameras the focus mechanism fails. You can rant and rave all you want...no one has statistical data because installers who install many cameras will not risk their reputation on a startup. I owe you nothing and will provide nothing to you. Show me data that says that startup brands are just as reliable as established brands...you cant. I know reliability is a hard concept to grasp since you deal with foscams...its important to installers and their customers.

Again, where's your scientific facts by a trusted source to back this garbage up now? So far, all you have done is fear monger using your personal opinions. Your overdue for providing some facts that backup your claims, from a trusted source.

Don

Again, where's your scientific facts by a trusted source to back this garbage up now?

Don

I will not furnish you with anything. There is no statistical data and you know it. The reason is explained in my earlier post. No sane installer will touch this garbage until its proven. Foolish as usual. Its ok, I understand why you cannot grasp this. Its not your fault. Its simply because you have never installed an ip camera. Also stop editing your post after the fact its misleading and you do it intentionally.

Again, where's your scientific facts by a trusted source to back this garbage up now?

Don

I will not furnish you with anything. There is no statistical data and you know it. The reason is explained in my earlier post. No sane installer will touch this garbage until its proven. Foolish as usual. Its ok, I understand why you cannot grasp this. Its not your fault. Its simply because you have never installed an ip camera. Also stop editing your post after the fact its misleading and you do it intentionally.

LOL from the man who has no documented experience anywhere on the Internet worldwide older than 2+ years that has anything to do with IP cameras. Well said for that limited experience.

Nice try. Your claims would be confirmed and validated by trusted sources by now. If your claims were valid.

Nobody could hide those facts. Must be a "Conspiracy Theory" you believe in where a group of people are hiding the "Real Truth" from IP Camera owners. LOL. Do you know of any other secrets being held from us? None of us seem to have "Your connections" including trusted sources. So, please share any other secrets being held from us.

Don

Edited by Guest

Don

LOL from the man who has no documented experience anywhere on the Internet worldwide older than 2+ years that has anything to do with IP cameras. Well said for that limited experience.

Nice try. Your claims would be confirmed and validated by trusted sources by now. If your claims were valid.

Nobody could hide those facts. Must be a "Conspiracy Theory" you believe in where a group of people are hiding the "Real Truth" from IP Camera owners. LOL. Do you know of any other secrets being held from us?

Don

Oh, i see, so now experience now must be documented on the internet? Do you mean like in a webpage I create myself then post online? Then link in my signature? I dont understand...Is that what it takes to validate myself. Fool.