giovalx

kkmoon camera firmware and support

Hello everybody,

I have bought a cheap KKmoon IP camera with PTZ, model 805. I have two main problems:

1) the camera continuously reposition the PTZ in the position fully anticlockwise and fully down

2) the embedded web server does not show any image: the browser (I have tested IE and Chrome) says that the plug-in is unsupported

The KKmoon site (www.kkmoon.com) is completly empty.

Anyone knows how to contact them or where their firmware and plug-ins can be downloaded?

Thanks,

giorgio

Hello everybody,

I have bought a cheap KKmoon IP camera with PTZ, model 805. I have two main problems:

1) the camera continuously reposition the PTZ in the position fully anticlockwise and fully down

2) the embedded web server does not show any image: the browser (I have tested IE and Chrome) says that the plug-in is unsupported

The KKmoon site (http://www.kkmoon.com) is completly empty.

Anyone knows how to contact them or where their firmware and plug-ins can be downloaded?

Thanks,

giorgio

Hi Giorgio,

I have the same Problem with the Cam when I try to use it with ispy.

When I delete the cam in ispy and only use it with the P2P Android app, the cam doesn't make this...

Do you use the Cam with a software (like ispy) or only with the P2P App?

greets KOMA

I think the most effective way is contacting with the seller ,or send them emails about your problem ,give them your messages on facebook ,twitter ,youtube etc.

I think the most effective way is contacting with the seller ,or send them emails about your problem ,give them your messages on facebook ,twitter ,youtube etc.

Seller want's to send me 15€ Refund and told me to let the Cam repair in a local shop...

anyway... the cam works!

but not in connection with ISPY...

So it is useless for my main application.

With the refund it will be a nice and cheap toy for playing around...

Seller want's to send me 15€ Refund and told me to let the Cam repair in a local shop...

anyway... the cam works!

Did you find the local shop to solve your problem?

It is not bad that the seller sends you 15€ refund .

anyway... the cam works!

No, I haven't found a shop, who could help me...

But it is ok form me. (with the refund the cam is cheap enough, that I will kepp it just for playing around!!)

For my main application I will buy an other one.

(I think this will be an INSTAR... (a bit more expensive -- but working with ISPY))

Thanks for your replays.

The seller has given me a partial refund too.

But the camera is useless (I use it with a mini NVR). I will be glad to be able to transform it in a fixed camera, totally disabling PTZ.

giorgio

anyway... the cam works!

They have told me the same. But no 'local shop' can solve a software bug. KKmoon should provide a new sw version, but their site is totally empty and they do not provide any email address.

giorgio

Hi,

I have got the same problem with this camera. No view at all only through external apps. I contacted the seller about this keep you informed.

Hi,

I have got the same problem with this camera. No view at all only through external apps. I contacted the seller about this keep you informed.

Thanks,

giorgio

I've got the same model, although with this cheap Chinese stuff that doesn't necessarily indicate it is the same internally. Firmware version 10.8.79.8900 build 2015.06.09 02:51

Mine also has an annoying habit of randomly tilting or panning when viewing the RTSP stream using VLC. Fortunately it doesn't happen that frequently, and the P2P apps haven't exhibited the same issue.

I tried the Android apps from play store which work with it: Onvifer (pan and tilt are inverted), and P2PCam_HD, which I think might be the official android app.

I tested the activex browser plug-in downloaded from http://down.54it.cn with IE on an XP virtual machine as I was reluctant to install the software on my pc, and it seemed to work ok with the camera I received. You may need to use compatibility mode to use it with a later version of IE.

I cobbled together a webpage to provide basic support in Firefox using the VLC plug-in to display the stream, as I already had it installed. If it is any use you can find it here: http://pathogenrush.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/kkmoon-805-ipcamera-webviewer.html

I've got the same model, although with this cheap Chinese stuff that doesn't necessarily indicate it is the same internally. Firmware version 10.8.79.8900 build 2015.06.09 02:51

Mine also has an annoying habit of randomly tilting or panning when viewing the RTSP stream using VLC. Fortunately it doesn't happen that frequently, and the P2P apps haven't exhibited the same issue.

I tried the Android apps from play store which work with it: Onvifer (pan and tilt are inverted), and P2PCam_HD, which I think might be the official android app.

I tested the activex browser plug-in downloaded from http://down.54it.cn with IE on an XP virtual machine as I was reluctant to install the software on my pc, and it seemed to work ok with the camera I received. You may need to use compatibility mode to use it with a later version of IE.

I cobbled together a webpage to provide basic support in Firefox using the VLC plug-in to display the stream, as I already had it installed. If it is any use you can find it here: http://pathogenrush.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/kkmoon-805-ipcamera-webviewer.html

The VLC-Stream works (@ my tries...) thanks for that...

I will keep playing around with the cam...

The VLC-Stream works (@ my tries...) thanks for that...

I will keep playing around with the cam...

hahaha... NO IT DOESN'T WORK really...

Just sitting in my basement doing some other stuff... by realising - the f****ing cam is reebooting some times... and after reeboot it pan/tilts in dubious positions...

so i opened the cam (at the bottom):

First i saw is, that the reset-hole (at the bottom) doesn't fit to the reset-button...

And the reset-button does not have any funktion...

I think this cam will not more as a stupid toy for me for playing around!!!!!

Have you tried it with the P2P app, or the stand alone PC Client (which I believe also connects using P2P), mine still seems stable when viewed with the P2P android app, but when viewing the RTSP stream using an RTSP/ONVIF client it does disconnect and partially crash if left long enough.

At a guess, I'd suspect a bug somewhere in its RTSP server possibly causing a buffer overrun, rather than a hardware fault.

Last camera of this type I bought (a 480p Wanscam) was faulty too, it suffered from an overheating problem and would constantly reboot unless the vents were held against a fan, fortunately I got a full refund on that.

My kkmoon camera has been streaming continuously for about 5 hours now without it malfunctioning once.

All I did was to tilt back the antenna by about 50°!

So, perhaps it has insufficient shielding to stop the wifi radio signal from inducing stray voltages in the wiring/PCB.

Any firmware update to fix the random pan and tilt problem?

In my oppinion this cam is just for:

>>> that a lot of little chinese people could take a look in your rooms!! hahaha

I sold my one for a few €!

should anyone else having trouble with this peace of s**t!

My INSTAR works fine!!

My kkmoon camera has been streaming continuously for about 5 hours now without it malfunctioning once.

All I did was to tilt back the antenna by about 50°!

So, perhaps it has insufficient shielding to stop the wifi radio signal from inducing stray voltages in the wiring/PCB.

As I found out with my LiView.

The "CPU" has no heat sink on it!!!

Hi3520DRQCV200

It is a well made COPY; otherwise, I must admit!

It has 3 power supplies using the FR9886.

One "was" 3.3V, the other "was" 5V; the third was down to 1.1V which I found rather unusual.

Sure enough, isolating it with an outside source of 1.2V, was drawing 1Amp!

(0.2 Amps normally; even with fault).

The CPU was now the only thing getting HOT!

Then, it blew my "protected" SMD rework station's 15V/1A power supply...

In my previous comments, LiView & Elec seems to be the same, one guy had (YouTube) stated problems with hard drives'.

Even though 12V is supplied directly through the adapter port to the Hard Drive power source, I suspect this is a "bad rail" - ?maybe a second 12V "regulated" supply?...to the "CPU".

So, I have just bought another "Chinese crap" just for the hell of it!

I think I'll order the CPU and fix myself (non-BGA) (LiView), should the seller not respond (already received 8 "away" ebay messages)...

This time, I will open, make sure the "CPU" is well "heat-shielded" and put a small 12V brushless fan from an ATX power supply or so...

Old post but relevant update - I have never experienced a bad CPU until now, EVER!!!

Makes sense, unable to telnet log-in, etc.

Hi everyone!..A Friend installed 2 of these regular cameras for me 5 years ago.  I use an app called xmeye. It is for that camera.  Lately I am having some trouble with my system,  it's doing weird things uggghhh..

I am not a computer tech either,   i am not knowledgeable in this.  I think i am hacked!!