More fighting

It feels like you just want or need to fight

Getting childish now

The thread had ended. You guys are rehashing it.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the comments. I take all comments/suggestions into heart knowing you are trying to help. I am sorry that this post has resulted in some heat exchange.

With the above said, I goal is to implement the solution with the least amount of efforts given the stated requirements. I am not good in doing stuff around the house but am a experience IT engineer with no issue in working with software/hardware aspect of things. However, if pulling wire is what it takes to implement this, i will definitely consider it... if it is cost effective.

BTW. If I place an indoor webcam 45 degree aiming outside, would the IR reflection be an issue at night?

Thanks guys. Looks like I will have to do some more research.

You are very welcome.

Just want to make sure you get facts. It will save you many headaches in the future, by doing a little upfront research. Everything you have said here that you would like to do or may do. Is doable.

Don

More fighting

It feels like you just want or need to fight

Getting childish now

The thread had ended. You guys are rehashing it.

Thanks, I was saved.

Do not get lost. Be Boogieman all the way.

Sometimes this forum needs an "ignore user" button, a "report user" button, or maybe even both of them.

Now, hoping that noone will feel offended:

281481_1.jpg

And if someone does feel offended, hit that non existent "ignore user" button.

Have a nice day!

securame, there is a "report this post" button on every post.

And I'm sure there is someone, somewhere, that will be offended by your post. Heck, you can't even say Merry Christmas anymore...

securame, there is a "report this post" button on every post.

So many years around here, and I had not even noticed...

An "ignore user" would come quite handy.

I didn't want to read through all the drama but, from what I did read, I didn't see any answers to the OP.

The camera you're looking for, I don't think exists.

First off, Why have wireless and POE? If you have POE then you have a network connection. Keep in mind that even wireless cameras need a wire for power so, many times, it is as easy to go POE as it is to wire power. If you're going to do an indoor camera with a wall plug near by then it might make sense to use wireless video data with a wall wart for power.

Using a camera inside your window will almost for sure mean you can't get license plates. You'll get reflections off the glass that will make the video quality almost useless for more than a general view of an area - at best. The reflection problem will likely be even worse at night with IR.

There is no way to answer the right camera to use with the data you provided but if you're just looking for a general view around your house, and if you're willing or able to install a camera outdoors, I would suggest a Hikvision 2032 with 4mm lens and use several of them to get the coverage you want. But if you're looking to identify a criminal in order to prosecute or recover your possessions then consider adding, in addition to the general coverage cameras, narrow cameras such as 12mm, or even higher, placed to cover choke points like entrances and exits to your property or primary targets on your property. The Hikvision software works well from an Android phone or tablet for me. Keep in mind that most Hikvisions you can buy online come without a warranty and can't even be upgraded. One legitimate online dealer is BHPhoto but you'll pay a 30% premium. Pay it. It's a bargain.

One problem with Hikvision, and virtually every camera maker I have investigated or tried, is that their range of products is not broad enough to cover every scenario. They're good cameras for where they work. There are many common scenarios for which there is no Hikvision and you'll have to consider other brands. The problem is, we don't know enough to know your real requirements.

So why can't you put a camera outside? And if you just really, really, cannot, I guess I'd say get a single Hikvision 2032, and try it out.