Synda

Need help w/ Hikvision setup

Hi,

I desperately need some advice on a Hikvision set up. The city I live in I would NOT wish on my enemy .The crime rate is in USA's top 10 most dangerous cities . I hear gunshots daily/nightly. I now spend my days/nights in fear. I cant sleep. I have 3 more years till I'm able to move out of this nightmare. I was quoted $12,000 for security screens and doors,I cant afford that.

I'm hoping someone can help with a setup design. I'm not sure what types of cameras and components to purchase or how I wire them( this is where I get confused).Forgive me, I'm not familiar with camera setup,terminology ect, but I can follow directions and I'm not afraid of drilling into stucco, running cables, whatever I need to do. Any advice on what to purchase is GREATLY appreciated.

1.) My budget is around $1000.00 to start with ( I can purchase more equipment each month)

2.) I'm not concerned w/ looks of cameras ( I want cameras to be seen) 1080p preferred wired

3.) Lot size is 6,500 square feet,

I would need to cover 100ft fov length (backyard and front )89 ft fov (sides of house) and front door. Front cameras I'd like a fov 100ft length and to across the street. 5 bullets and 1 dome ?

4.) I have high speed internet

5.) I dont need to capture license plates or audio

6.) Nightvision is a must.

7.) Durable in summer heat upwards in 100's, no snow and not much rain

8.) The MOST important is that I can watch live from upstairs and downstairs. I would like to have dedicated monitors upstairs n downstairs for live viewing. I need reaction time (call police, hide ect.)

9.) 24/7 recording (but live viewing is top priority).

Thank you for your time,

Synda

Cameras will only benefit you from preventing if you're watching them unless you're using analytics which is outside your price range. I'd take your budget and reinforce your doors (not expensive if you DIY) - see armorconcepts.com.

I'd also put security film on your windows (again well within budget if you DIY) - http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-18621/Protection-Tapes/Security-Window-Film-Rolls-36-x-25?pricode=WY760&gadtype=pla&id=S-18621&gclid=CjwKEAiA7MWyBRDpi5TFqqmm6hMSJAD6GLeAPjc7duNIjn4QvMixktyH49tALLyclRAm20VbLPJuNxoC7EPw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Next I'd obtain an intrusion alarm system. All of this should be within your budget. After these three are done, then I'd look at cameras.