brucewayne

Swann "video signal loss"

I have a weird one that i am unable to figure out, i came home the other night and swann was displaying "video loss" intermittently on one of my quad displays. there are four camera's showing but every few seconds it will flash video loss on the one camera. The strange thing, the camera video never stops, even on my app the camera feed continues, i have traded locations on my dvr but the video loss still appears every few seconds, but the camera nevers actually goes out. i cant figure this out please, any help would be appreciated. thanks,

is it IP based or analogue?

This might well be, and probably is wrong, but...

I whinged to swann about intermittent loss when viewing the (IP) cameras on our home TV, and the reason given was that the NVR will prioritise decoding and storage of the data over decoding and pushing it to an extrernal display.

The reason why it'll stream well on an app/device is because in that case you're taking the raw feed and the computer/device is doing the decoding instead.

it is analog, the actual video never stops, but for some reason the dvr thinks it does. only on one camera, I thought maybe might be some kind of ground loop or something, it has worked fine for some time. you just watch the external monitor and it flashes video loss over top of the camera feed. that what I cant get my head around is that the feed never stops. I also watch it on my phone app and it never blinks.

This is why installers recommend against purchasing home surveillance from Costco, etc.

Costco sells the SAME dahua cvi systems you recommend in your other posts as rebranded lorex and qsee. There is NOTHING better about your systems. In fact costco is a better option because not only do they offer a long warranty, but the offer a LIFETIME return policy. YUP, lifetime. Now this particular system may be a lower end garbage unit, but to bash costco in general is foolish and uninformed.

There is obviously something wrong here but you have not diagnosed the issue. Next...

This is why installers recommend against purchasing home surveillance from Costco, etc.

Costco sells the SAME dahua cvi systems you recommend in your other posts as rebranded lorex and qsee. There is NOTHING better about your systems. In fact costco is a better option because not only do they offer a long warranty, but the offer a LIFETIME return policy. YUP, lifetime. Now this particular system may be a lower end garbage unit, but to bash costco in general is foolish and uninformed.

There is obviously something wrong here but you have not diagnosed the issue. Next...

Boogie, check the specs, and pricing. Most consumers will only read the bold print on details, but we all know that is very poor homework. ESPECIALLY when you and your loved ones security is on the line. Do you really want to put your safety in the hands of a retailer thats known for selling groceries and $5 chickens, primarily? There's no line for CCTV outside Costco on Black Friday? WHY? Everyone knows that's not their trade. Lifetime warranty? Good luck speaking to 3rd world country customer service, or returning EVERY piece of your cctv system to Costco just because that low resolution capable pre-made cable, or one camera doesn't show video. There's no single replacements allowed. Not to mention getting all cameras of one model. Fixed lens bullet cameras are definitely not for most people's all around safety for various reasons. Where do I begin? And it doesn't even give the opportunity to UPGRADE your system to take on IP cams, or lower resolution cams to help save even MORE money. OEM Tribrid CVI DVRs is the way to go for most home security. And I have the spot for that.

Can you see the recorded video from the camera without any problem?

Then the DVR system went wrong. Put it back into original configuration-register setting for checking out again. Still in trouble? Then buy a new DVR, which is cheap already less than U$40, for 8 Ch X 960H DVRs on the internet.

Boogie, check the specs, and pricing. Most consumers will only read the bold print on details, but we all know that is very poor homework. ESPECIALLY when you and your loved ones security is on the line. Do you really want to put your safety in the hands of a retailer thats known for selling groceries and $5 chickens, primarily? There's no line for CCTV outside Costco on Black Friday? WHY? Everyone knows that's not their trade. Lifetime warranty? Good luck speaking to 3rd world country customer service, or returning EVERY piece of your cctv system to Costco just because that low resolution capable pre-made cable, or one camera doesn't show video. There's no single replacements allowed. Not to mention getting all cameras of one model. Fixed lens bullet cameras are definitely not for most people's all around safety for various reasons. Where do I begin? And it doesn't even give the opportunity to UPGRADE your system to take on IP cams, or lower resolution cams to help save even MORE money. OEM Tribrid CVI DVRs is the way to go for most home security. And I have the spot for that.

You have no idea what your talking about. Who cares what else they sell. THE PRODUCT IS THE SAME AS THE ONE MADE BY DAHUA. That statement alone show your foolishness. Who cares if its "their trade".

It would take less than 30 minutes to disconnect a DVR and 8 cameras to return them all for a BRAND NEW unit that is better in 3 years. Fixed lens bullet cams are not for most people? what are you smoking? Do you install a bunch of useless ptz?

Lower res cameras DO NOT save "more money" CVI is cheap. Also the CVI system CAN take analog cameras.

Most of the lower priced tribrid models limit the number of ip cameras to one or two which is practically useless. You know you can use you own cable with these systems right?

Stop knocking costco or similar kits simply because its bad for YOUR business. For the average self install homeowner is the BEST option.