DaveyLC

HikVision Firmware v2.5.2 DS-CD2XX2 (I know I'm stupid).

**EDIT HERES THE FIX https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hy72q4osstun72/5.30%20Downgrader.rar?dl=0 **

Yes, I know.. I shouldn't have touched it but I was really interested to see if the number-plate recognition works in the latest versions

The camera is a DS-2CD2132F-IS with a Chinese serial number ...

I've managed to rescue it with v5.2.5 (chinese) but now the GUI is in chinese (not such a massive issue) and my NVR is moaning that there is a "Language Missmatch" (more annoying).

At this stage I've got mad with myself and bought a new camera but I would LOVE to fix this one

I've been doing lots of research and I've tried modifying other versions of the firmware both older and newer (5.30) with the HikTools executable but alas everything fails to install

I dont suppose anyone has a copy of the Hooky 'Engrish' v5.2.5 firmware which has been installed on these chinese devices?

Thanks for any help guys

Edited by Guest

Yes, I know.. I shouldn't have touched it but I was really interested to see if the number-plate recognition works in the latest versions

The camera is a DS-2CD2132F-IS with a Chinese serial number ...

I've managed to rescue it with v5.2.5 (chinese) but now the GUI is in chinese (not such a massive issue) and my NVR is moaning that there is a "Language Missmatch" (more annoying).

At this stage I've got mad with myself and bought a new camera but I would LOVE to fix this one

I've been doing lots of research and I've tried modifying other versions of the firmware both older and newer (5.30) with the HikTools executable but alas everything fails to install

I dont suppose anyone has a copy of the Hooky 'Engrish' v5.2.5 firmware which has been installed on these chinese devices?

Thanks for any help guys

Unfortunately the "Hooky 'Engrish' v5.2.5 firmware" firmware won't help with your problem because of the NVR most likely depending on how your Gray Market Hikvision IP Camera was Kludged to run English firmware. I go into some detail on why that is here:

viewtopic.php?p=281853#p281853

Note: If anyone else says otherwise. Please make sure they substantiate and validate with trusted sources any of their claims. Such as links to others they claim "Did x" and it worked and it worked recently with a Hikvision NVR/DVR that was rejecting the connection from a Gray Market Chinese Hikvision IP Camera with "Language Mismatch".

I can say that in this situation. In many cases ("It depends on how your Gray Market Hikvision IP Camera was Kludged to run English firmware"). It's possible to run a valid Chinese firmware version produced by Hikvision in a Gray Market Chinese Hikvision IP Camera and the NVR/DVR will once again be happy. If you can't read Chinese or choose not to read Chinese. That's not much of a real solution.

Don

Edited by Guest

There must be a source of some hooky firmware that started out on these cameras though surely?

Have you ever heard the term:

There is no honor among thieves

Please think about why no Hikvision Gray Market seller would easily give up whatever Kludged firmware they use, as a download? If they did? Then any other seller could use that firmware to sell their own Gray Market Hikvision products.

The "Secret Sauce" to selling Hikvision Grey Market products is the firmware required to do that. Generally even Hikvision Gray Market sellers pay a fee for the firmware they need to a 3rd party. It's not free. Anyone living or having connections to purchase China Hikvision IP Cameras intended to be sold only in China can easily purchase them. The hard part, is converting them to run English firmware. So that can you then turn-around and sell them worldwide and make a profit.

The more sellers that have the "Secret Sauce" the more chance you lose sales to them. Because they decide to sell at lower prices than you currently do. Not a good idea to "Give Away" that "Secret Sauce" to anyone.

I can assure you that Hikvision Gray Market sellers won't do anything that could cause them to lose money. Which includes handing out download links to the Kludged firmware that runs in their Gray Market products.

It might be worth a try to contact your Gray Market seller to see what they suggest. Good luck on that quest as well.

Points being:

1. Anyone that is Kludging Hikvision firmware simply for fun and bragging rights. Has yet to figure this latest new strategy out being used by Hikvision that will always work in all cases.

In the very recent past. They could not do much anyway. Besides downgrade to very old firmware versions and for an extremely small subset of the total of Hikvision IP Camera models and NVR/DVR models. Even when/if they do figure this New Hikvision strategy out. Hikvision is constantly changing and adding strategies that will need to continue to be defeated in newer firmware releases.

2. No Hikvision Gray Market seller has yet to figure this latest new strategy out being used by Hikvision and when/if they do, they will never "give it away".

3. In the past Hikvision Gray Market sellers thought that simply adding details to their sales pages like "Do Not update the firmware in this device and you won't have any issues" worked to help their sales.

Hikvision as you have personally experienced. Has come back with "Wanna Bet!". Most likely, this won't be the last time they do this.

Don

Edited by Guest

There must be a source of some hooky firmware that started out on these cameras though surely?

There are solutions to your issue. Ignore others who say otherwise. Google "hikvision 5.25".

There are solutions to your issue. Ignore others who say otherwise. Google "hikvision 5.25".

I clearly stated that what you are calling a solution is a downgrade. I also clearly stated that what you are saying also, will not work in all cases.

Secondly. That downgrader solution is compatible with an extremely limited number of the total Hikvision IP Camera models and NVR/DVR models available and being used today. So what I said is correct and factual.

I'm sure that as time moves forward more people will also state and confirm that here. That said. I have already seen that stated in other forums. Where some have already tried your suggestion and failed and they were using Hikvision models that the "Downgrader" worked with and supported ("In the past"). Not one, but many have already confirmed that your suggested solution, did not work for them.

There is no personal attack in the above statements toward you. I have not asked anyone to "Ignore you" like you have asked others to do here. That may or do disagree with "Your Point Of View".

There are no issue with stating facts and will I no longer constantly respond to your posts using other posts here. I'm not going to get into anymore argument post chains with you in forum threads here. Those days are over. So I have respectfully respond instead to you in one post here.

Don

Edited by Guest

I'd be extremely happy to get back to an English v5.2.5

I've been googling but I've found no reliable source for a working English 5.2.5 firmware

I'd be extremely happy to get back to an English v5.2.5

I've been googling but I've found no reliable source for a working English 5.2.5 firmware

Thank you for confirming what I have stated here.

Yes. It truly depends on ("How") the Gray Market Hikvision IP Camera was Kludged by the seller. Before it was sold and shipped.

As you may also know. The "Downgrader" that did work in the past. Was for an extremely limited number of total Hikvision models being sold and cannot even be tried for those other Hikvision models anyway.

Don

The new one just showed up.. Bloody Chinese market **** again from a uk seller... I'm going to kick off on eBay.

The new one just showed up.. Bloody Chinese market **** again from a uk seller... I'm going to kick off on eBay.

Davey, I'm glad you got your first camera problem resolved. Good luck with your new camera. Many people buy Hikvision gray market cameras, not realizing it. The ads usually assure someone that these cameras are genuine, then they find out otherwise.

It's nice that you got help, instead of someone saying you got what you deserve. Forums are to help someone, not to chastise.