blackhf

32 Cameras, 2 buildings, 2 separated surveillance room

Hi everyone,

I plan to build a new system for two buildings, and I need some advices on which NVR to use, see the following graphic :

281984_1.jpg

I have two buildings, 16 IP cameras by building, and aim to record for about 30 days @720/1080p-20/30fps.

I will be using PoE, and I have to provide 2 viewing points : each building has a viewing room and must see all 32 cameras.

I was about to use two computers (each with i7-4790S/16Go/HDD24To/SSD128Go), but I don't know if it is the right decision.

Do you think thoses computer can each decode 16 cameras, stream them, and record them, while streaming the other 16 cameras from the other building?

Does NVR may work better for this solution? Is there any PCI-E decoder card for IP camera which would be a help for the CPU?

I just choose some Hikvision camera but the choice isn't finalized.

What are you advising?

Thanks for any help!

Hi everyone,

I plan to build a new system for two buildings, and I need some advices on which NVR to use, see the following graphic :

What kinda connection will you have between buildings? (hard wire,wireless,fiber...?)

Hi everyone,

What kinda connection will you have between buildings? (hard wire,wireless,fiber...?)

I will have a wired connection (1000Mbps), you can see it on the picture, it will be connected to 2 Gigabit switches.

I can add cables/switch if needed.

I will have a wired connection (1000Mbps), you can see it on the picture, it will be connected to 2 Gigabit switches.

I can add cables/switch if needed.

For simplicity and flexibility I would suggest to use VMS ( 2 computers need it)

For simplicity and flexibility I would suggest to use VMS ( 2 computers need it)

I took a look at Hikvision iVMS 4200, I think it's a good choice, but my problem is I don't know if it the CPU (i7-4790S) will be enough to handle 16 cameras (to record & stream by building) + 16 cameras (to stream from the other building).

What hardware system would you recommend?

You'll be fine with those specs. Figure an i7 processor could easily handle 200Mbps of incoming

camera bandwidth and then probably another 100Mbps of outgoing bandwidth servicing the monitoring stations.

200 / 16 cameras = 12.5Mbps, and bandwidth per camera which if you are using the typical Hik 3mp they'll use

around 3-7Mbps roughly each. So, i think you would be fine recording to the servers.

Use a solid quad-core xeon and you could probably record all on one server. Also as ak357 suggested i'd look at a

VMS like avigilon, blue iris, exacq, etc... some of 30day demo trials, compare it against your ivms4200.