Sign in to follow this  
Eliminator

Buying outdoor ip security cameras

Hello.

I decided that i want to buy 2 outdoor cameras for home security. I was googling some cameras and i cant decide what to buy. I heared that foscam makes good ones. Which one do you advice to buy? (price range about 80-160 $). All of this type cameras need to have atleast one cable right (power cable)?

I found a product that i really like. Its a little over my budget but i am prepeared to go over my budget for this product. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Arlo-Smart-Home-Wire-Free-VMS3130-100NAS/dp/B00QH0Q8J4/ref=sr_1_1?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1449766916&sr=1-1&keywords=Netgear+Arlo+Smart+Home

So i would like to ask if any of you guys had any experience with this product ? How long does the battery last? How is it resistant to cold weather(in winter time is about -10 C)? What is the video or image quality ?

Thank you for you answers.

Regards

Hi ,Eliminator

Do you want to buy single cameras or camera system ?

In addition ,according to your link that 1 camera kit is a little over your budget(80-160$),but you said that you wanna 2 outdoor cameras ,I think it's a little expensive to you for 2 cameras .

Actually ,it's difficulty to buy 2 wireless cameras system under $160 ,if you buy wired cameras ,it's a different story.Because most of wired cameras cheaper than wireless but also with high quality .

Cable free, it looks really slick and stylish. But not a good option for outdoor surveillance because they just aren't suitable for this. The battery issue. The arlo official site says that With normal use the batteries in an Arlo camera last about 6 months, with the actual time varying depending on the amount of live viewing and motion activation that occurs. Actually you know that the battery will last for 6 months when you only view 5 mins a day. How can this be a daily security cam! As for the cold resistance, I don't know any product with lithium batteries that can survive 0 to 10 degree F temperatures outside for very long. Your going to get false readings because of problems with the chemistry not a software problem. Maybe you can switch to rechargeable battery but this's an extra cost.