Sign in to follow this  
lokacz76

TVI System with backup recording

Hi,

For security reason customer wants to have recording TVI cameras on 2 DVRs. We've tried to loop cameras with T-piece but didn't work correctly on the second DVR.

Is there any solution for it ? I don't thin is there any TVI DVRs coming with channels IN and OUT.

Any advice welcome

Thanks

It is a non branded Hikvision DVR but we using existing cabling (coax). Customer very happy with quality but he has analog system set up that way and he wish get the same way with HD quality. At that stage IP way is not an option. Place is quite difficult to run new cable and be honest with you I don't want to go that way...

Wondering is the AHD cams acting the same... Don't have access to quick check at the moment. Thanks anyway for idea.

Maybe I did not explain myself enough.

I am not suggesting you move away from HDTVI, or that you replace all cabling with UTP. I am just saying that you can have the TVI DVR working as you do now, and then use an NVR somewhere else on the network to make redundant recordings of the same cameras connected to the TVI DVR.

The output of HD_TVI camera is an analog signal. No reason T-Type signal splitter should not work.

Anyway, another solution is the same as "Securame" suggests. Buy an NVR that can receive all compressed streams from the HD-TVI DVR that connects and records all the HD-TVI Cameras.

Thanks Guys !! Securame Didn't get your idea first time But your solution is really worth it to check it.

Just need to find out NVR support that type of recording.