jack.agetro

Best IP Camera brand that you use.

The best brand that I use would have to be Axis. The support is good, the software works when I need it to work, and the cameras are built well. They are also priced decently with a HUGE catalog of equipment to choose from.

I am sure some folks will say Avigilon, but I have very little real world experience with them so I cannot make a real judgment. From what I have seen they are quite nice, but I will leave that choice to others.

I will second the nomination for Axis. My first IP camera, purchased in 2010, was an Axis outdoor dome, and it's been running without a glitch ever since. Since then I have purchased several others, most recently a P5635-E, and am quite happy with all of them.

There are cheaper brands, and I own several of them. In my experience, Axis is worth the extra cost.

I haven't tried Axis yet, but looking at all your post/reply I think I need to try it.

These are the brands that I have tried:

1. Hikvision

2. AVTECH

3. Foscam

4. Escam

I can't tell you guys that those brands are the best because until now I encounter problems with their products, it's like those are the only available products that I used from my work.

Hikvision is not bad, but they target the lower end of the market. Axis, Mobotix, Avigilon, Sony, Panasonic, and IndigoVision (along with several others) tend to focus on quality in both the hardware and software but that costs money. This is very much a get what you pay for industry.

Sorry, I'm going to disagree.

Axis high price low quality.

1. HIKVISION 4 line series (Clear winner)

2, Samsung

3, Hikvision 2 line series

4, Huisun (Google it)

5, Panasonic

6, Avacont

7, Sony

8, Axis

9, Avigilon

I could go on, but most of the IP above 2mp are slowly getting better.

Hi All,

I'm looking for a reliable PTZ IP Camera at the moment too. I've noticed Hikvision when doing my own research but also another brand, Dahua, that I've seen for a while with a lot of praise. At one point many CCTV retailers here in the UK were selling their CCTV recorders. Any thoughts?

Best IP Camera brand that you use.

Best at what?

We are constantly testing cameras from many different manufacturers including: Hikvision, Sony, Axis, Bosch, Samsung, Canon, DTVel, GeoVision, GE, Dahua, DRS, UDP, Avigilon

Avigilon still is our go to camera CCTV solution because of the image quality, easy of install, easy of use and support.

Both Avigilon and Axis have some great cameras for different applications with very good support and reliability...

Edited by Guest

Sorry, I'm going to disagree.

Axis high price low quality.

1. HIKVISION 4 line series (Clear winner)

2, Samsung

3, Hikvision 2 line series

4, Huisun (Google it)

5, Panasonic

6, Avacont

7, Sony

8, Axis

9, Avigilon

I could go on, but most of the IP above 2mp are slowly getting better.

Arecont and best don't belong together...

Hello everyone!!!

Does anyone can tell me the benefits of IP Cameras and how they really work and where we can get these devices online with limited price and Quality.

I manage a 1500+ city wide cameras system and I have tested a lot of cameras over the years. My vote is for Axis. For many reasons the most important is that they are easy to manage. When you have as many to look after it needs to be consistent and easy to manage. Lowest failure rate of any camera we have deployed... less than 1%. I do stay away from the M-series and we only use P and Q series.

Worst camera that we have used by far has been Arecont.

Absolutely!

The only thing worse than Arecont is the older GE stuff!

I have 2 sites that I manage that are 1500+

Everything that dies gets replaced with Axis. New construction gets axis.

The new Axis Q6114-E, Q6115-E, and the just released Q6128-E PTZ cameras are off the chain.

And they are 1000.00 cheaper than the Q6042-E and Q6044-E PTZs. The Q6128-E is a 4k PTZ.

The hospital I manage is all Avigilon. And that product has been flawless.

I manage a 1500+ city wide cameras system and I have tested a lot of cameras over the years. My vote is for Axis. For many reasons the most important is that they are easy to manage. When you have as many to look after it needs to be consistent and easy to manage. Lowest failure rate of any camera we have deployed... less than 1%. I do stay away from the M-series and we only use P and Q series.

Absolutely!

The only thing worse than Arecont is the older GE stuff!

I have 2 sites that I manage that are 1500+

Everything that dies gets replaced with Axis. New construction gets axis.

The new Axis Q6114-E, Q6115-E, and the just released Q6128-E PTZ cameras are off the chain.

And they are 1000.00 cheaper than the Q6042-E and Q6044-E PTZs. The Q6128-E is a 4k PTZ.

The hospital I manage is all Avigilon. And that product has been flawless.

Thanks for replying guys, so far AXIS has the more vote from the user. What about Axis compatibility with the third party VMS? What VMS have you use to manage Axis IP Camera? and it's flexibility in mobile viewing?

Thanks for replying guys, so far AXIS has the more vote from the user. What about Axis compatibility with the third party VMS? What VMS have you use to manage Axis IP Camera? and it's flexibility in mobile viewing?

Axis is the most widely compatible of any camera line. I can't think of any third party VMS software that doesn't support Axis. They wouldn't stay in business very long if they didn't.

Any experience with Milestone Xprotect? I'm planning to migrate and try Axis. So far in the line of VMS, milestone is no.1.. Any thoughts?

Avigilon has great, reliable VMS software with great support to complement great cameras made by Avigilon and others...

Any experience with Milestone Xprotect? I'm planning to migrate and try Axis. So far in the line of VMS, milestone is no.1.. Any thoughts?

We use Milestone Corporate for our system, Avigilon and Genetec were the runner ups in our testing. I did not care for the licensing structure of Genetec. Avigilon does have some nice features but at the end of the day Milestone had a the features we needed and it met our needs for mobile and mobile push. (sending video from a cell phone to be recorded in the system) Also not all Avigilon cameras will work with other VMS's.

I've only used Geovision so I cant speak to other brands. Never had a camera fail, image quality is excellent. For support I can call directly to Geovision USA and a real person answers the phone. I think one drawback to Geovision has been there software. While it was reliable gets the job done, it wasn't quite as robust and easy to use as other options. Often felt clumsy to use. They are finally coming out with new software that should bridge that gap. Overall I'm very happy with Geovision.