markdotjames

Floureon 4ch

Good Morning All,

I have a Floureon kit from Amazon that i am mostly happy with, the 2 niggles i have are not being able to tag an image when using motion detect emails ( I cant do anything about this ) and the fact i have to use their streaming service XMEYE to view my cams externally, everything is working OK internally and externally but i would really like to connect to my own public DDNS and route my own my own port through to the DVR and maybe use a different app, does anyone have any experience in doing this:

On the unit i see 2 ports:

Media Port:34567

HTTP Port:80

I did have some problems and contacted Floureon through Skype to get a firmware update that fixed them but when i mentioned this, the operator said to NEVER change the port 80, i would imagine this is because their streaming wont work?

I would expect to change the http port to something i want and just creat a rule in my router to point to my internal IP and "hopefully" use one of the many apps on the app store ?

thanks in advance, any help is very much appreciated.

Mark

I view the footage from my PC via the 32 bit Internet Explorer (4ch floureon).

No matter viewing via IE or VMS software, it seems that we need to make sure that the Gateway and DNS are exactly the same for DVR and computer. The two ports on my unit are same as yours.

For phone viewing, I use the easyview V2 on my iPhone.

And now that your system does its job why bother to fix it?

its not about fixing it as such, currently through the system they use my data is streamed through their servers, stored for all to see as such.. ideally I want to control who has access to my video stream, I choose the port and allow or deny access.

but thanks for your reply

its not about fixing it as such, currently through the system they use my data is streamed through their servers, stored for all to see as such.. ideally I want to control who has access to my video stream, I choose the port and allow or deny access.

but thanks for your reply

Now I see your point. Any luck to make it? And one security issue overlooked by many people of these DVRs is the risk on a backdoor hardcoded into firmware. If you have the knack for this kind of thing, you may take a look at the code as well.

Hi. Sounds like you used there QR code to setup remote view ... (There cloud service) and you not needing a static IP with that option

You can use other apps but you will need to change all your dvr network settings ... Username passwords and also change the port number to 34667 and use an other all such as the dahua app

Interesting tomcctv,

can you elaborate more, so just change the port from 80 to 34667, open that port and route it through to the DVR and use "other apps"

any suggestions on "better" or good apps to use please?

thanks in advance.

Ok, so i stuck with it and managed to get one of the two issues sorted.

On the unit i turned off CLOUD support under network.

Made the IP address static and made a note of the port number (34567)

Configured my router to route port 34567 through to the static ip address of my DVR.

I already have a public Dyndns record for my home router. ( NO-IP is free, unlike dyndns )

Downloaded XMeye app for iphone, at login look at the lower half of the app ( for me it was hidden by the onscreen keyboard at first )

select "Local Login"

I set the address as my public dns record [YOURNAME.ddns.net], username and password and then port 34567

and voila, the app connects through my routing not an insecure server, as a bonus i can also stream in HD and not the sub stream if i choose ( BE VERY CAREFULL about data usage if you do this, it could get costly )

I know for some of you this is fairly simple, but this may help someone one day

have a great day